By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Good PSN games?

I'm just interested in what games you guys feel are the best ones to buy from PSN, lets say i have no games from the PSN and would like to buy some.  What would you guys suggest to buy and why.

Around the Network

Tekken 5

super star dust hd
Flow
calling all cars
Super rub a dub($2.99 is a steal)
Go!sports ski(coming out tomorrow)

(ps1 games)
medievil
castlevania

mM

Symphony of the Night.

superstardust hd

URNOTE Proud Owner of a 60GB PS3 Console (Purchased 12/22/06)

#1 reason MGS4 is PS3 exclusive  xbox is too loud for snake to sneak around
PSNTAG= Xander732

SotN
Super Stardust HD
BlastFactor
Flow
Calling All Cars
Mortal Kombat 2
Tekken: Dark Ressurection
Super Rub a Dub
Lemmings

These are all quality games. If you like older games/more PS1 games check out:

Joust
Q*bert
Rampage
Jumping Flash
Crash Bandicoot

Around the Network

DO NOT miss Super Stardust HD, best $10 I spent in a looong time

Calling All Cars is a lot of fun to play online as well.

My favorites are:

flOw
Nucleus
Super Stardust HD (in no particular order)

PS1 games:

Symphony of the Night
Medievil
Crash Bandicoot
Syphon Filter

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Tekken, if you like Tekken.
BlastFactor is pretty sweet for multiplayer.
I hear Calling All Cars is good fun in multiplayer, too.

Calling all Cars and Super Stardust FTW!

Blast Factor's also pretty fun with a friend.

My Top 5:

Shadow of the Colossus, Metal Gear Solid 3, Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia, Chrono Trigger

My 2 nex-gen systems: PS3 and Wii

Prediction Aug '08: We see the PSP2 released fall '09. Graphically, it's basically the same as the current system. UMD drive ditched and replaced by 4-8gb on board flash memory. Other upgrades: 2nd analog nub, touchscreen, blutooth, motion sensor. Design: Flip-style or slider. Size: Think Iphone. Cost: $199. Will be profitable on day 1.

Yeah Tekken is the best by default if you like that genre because it's a retail game as a downloadable, basically should be in the same category as Warhawk, Socom and stuff not the other classic downloads or smaller games.

Beyond that, in the classics my two favorites are easy: Symphony of the Night (one of the best games ever made) and for good fun with a buddy or even online, Mortal Kombat II with online support.

In the original games department my favorites have been as follows:

1. Super Stardust HD (easily first)
2. Calling All Cars (amazingly fun to play with other people, playing alone is not that good)
3. Lemmings (great game to kill hours with)
4. Flow (if you like very 'out there' games and is a lot better in co-op)

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!