By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - SONY: We Announced Home Too Early

Well Duh....

_________

Sony: We Announced Home Too Early

As far as consumers go, I think Sony showed Home too early. Allowed it to build expectations for too long, to the point where the finished product was never going to meet said expectations.

But hey, that's just me. I can't speak for consumers, and Sony aren't speaking for consumers either. But what about developers? Well, Sony are sure they showed it to developers too soon.

Speaking with Develop, Sony's Ed Fear has said:

" Initially, there was real excitement from people, because we were showing something really different and that had a lot of potential. And then there’s the realisation that, well, we probably announced it too early – GDC 07 was a long time ago. I think there was sort of recognition amongst developers of ‘Oh, this is interesting, but there’s still a lot of work to be done. "

End result of that being few outside developers have bothered crafting anything together for Home, which is why the Home of today is so devoid of things to do.

But the Home of tomorrow, that's another story. Fear says that, having explained Home a little better and improved the toolset for outside developers to create content with, more, bigger and better stuff is on the way.

Onwards and upwards!

Home Sweet Home – Part 1 [Develop]

PS4 Preordered - 06/11/2013 @09:30am

XBox One Preordered - 06/19/2013 @07:57pm

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o

Around the Network

Nice that they can admit it.

Now appologize for Killzone 2.

... And Gran Turismo 5.

But it's not exactly the same thing. I mean, we were expecting sequels for those games, not something entirely new.

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

isnt this the same reason why nintendo only announces games like at most 6 months before they come out??

its cool to see them admit it.

hello how are you.

home sucks period
But I have hope that it will get better little by little

Official Member of the Xbox 360 Squad 

Around the Network
Paperdiego said:
isnt this the same reason why nintendo usually announces games like at most 6 months before they come out??

Now you see how well it works to announce it when it's almost done

"After you win, son, I feel like going for a ride on your bike, haha." ~Doc Louis (Punch Out Wii)

Home sucks really bad. I haven't gotten into it like I wanted to. I remember awhile back when Phil Harrison was touting this development. I will admit this was one of the main reasons that was having me choose between owning a PS3 or a Xbox 360. I wanted the PS3 for Home. Well after years of delays on this feature. I just gave up and never bothered with it.

Until recently my cousin (DMeisterJ) offered me a beta key to get in on the Home Beta. I liked it for a few minutes just being able to bowl and meet new people. Then it clearly got really boring after about 20 minutes. It lacked varitey and clearly wasn't something I was looking into gaming for hours on end.

It sucks but I think Sony will find more ways to gravitate those existing users that might have said it sucked. They did announce it early, and the hype was clearly lost.

lol no way

Home has potential, but it won't sell any consoles for a looooong time. if ever.

Not trying to be a fanboy. Of course, it's hard when you own the best console eve... dang it

DaveD said:
Paperdiego said:
isnt this the same reason why nintendo usually announces games like at most 6 months before they come out??

Now you see how well it works to announce it when it's almost done

Not to mention Nintendo keeps an iron grip on the news of there games as well.

I TAKE NO SIDES

Well....duh.