By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - BBC's Outrageous Fortunes/Inside Nintendo. Wii need it.

No I don't have it, but this is why I'm posting this thread. The original documentary was aired April 19th 2004 and it covered much of Yamauchi's history as well as some bad journalism on the epileptic issue, nevertheless it was excellent and I cannot find it anywhere anymore.

At one point it was available on Google video, and apparently some message boards had it ripped. Since then it has seemingly disappeared off the face of the Earth, so I'm begging you if you have it share it. And if you don't please join me in this crusade to get this documentary back online because it's really interesting and you'll love it.

BBC Outrageous Fortunes/Inside Nintendo. If you have it, please share.

Around the Network

bump

sorry, I never saw it. But I can bump your thread. It would be interesting to watch, so hopefully someone replies before I forget about it.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

when did the bbc do bad journalism? I must have missed that

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Better than nothing :
https://www.egameaddiction.com/forums/index.php?topic=468.0;imode

“In the entertainment business, there are only heaven and hell, and nothing in between and as soon as our customers bore of our products, we will crash.”  Hiroshi Yamauchi

TAG:  Like a Yamauchi pimp slap delivered by Il Maelstrom; serving it up with style.

Around the Network

I've never even heard of this but if you find it, please post a link

bump.. i want to see it as well!

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

I saw it a few years ago. it's laughably horrible. It's the equivalent of the BBC doing tabloid journalism.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Viper1 said:
I saw it a few years ago. it's laughably horrible. It's the equivalent of the BBC doing tabloid journalism.

Don't water cool it.

As I said it's very tabloid-ish, I agree with you on that. The view was somewhat biased and it set out to make Yamauchi look like a demon and Nintendo to look like a very evil company at times. But it still included some very interesting interviews with people from Nintendo, like Mr. Arakawa and Miyamoto, and detailed much of what we know about Yamauchi's history, even if with a negative spin, there was a lot of interesting content.

Thanks to everyone who helped by bumping the thread.

yh i wanna see this too