By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - IGN Review of Blue Dragon- Not that much higher than EGM...

lol ya i know, i just like to talk shit about oblivion, i think its the most overhyped rpg in the last 10 years.

Around the Network

lol ya i know, i just like to talk shit about oblivion, i think its the most overhyped rpg in the last 10 years.

It's on par to what I was expecting. I really didn't have a good time with the demo. I would have scored it lower myself, but I knew some people would definitely have a good time with it. I'm looking forward to Eternal Sonata. That one looks like a doozy.

Just kiss the tip.

79 is not that bad. I'll probably pick it up when the price drops.

Consoles I Own: NES, SNES, N64, GC, GBA, DS, X360, Wii

Hmmm not so good like many expected :s.

Around the Network
Ari_Gold said:

QFT

And that's about all I'll say about that since I don't want to completely derail the thread.  :-p

Oblivion might be overrated but it crushes every western RPG made in the last few years.

I expect Fallout to surpass it too. Have faith in Bethesda...

By the way, I never said 79 is bad, that's a good score, just not as high as I was expecting for this game a while ago. Still probably a day 1 or week 1 purchase for me. First good Japanese RPG on any of the next gen systems makes it a no brainer purchase for me.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

People saud 7.5 for killzone is bad and 7.9 for blue dragon isnt... wow

mM

Well 7.5 is bad for a game that was hyped like "ZOMG!!!!111 K1llz0n3 will be teh gr34t3st g4me in teh w0rld!!1!!!!1158." 7.5 is a BIT low for a game that was supposed to be 14.6 out of 10

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

I'm finding a lot of bashing and/or disappointment coming from the people that don't realize that Blue Dragon was created from the ground up and for all intent and purposes to be a strictly by-the-books JRPG experience. It's not supposed to appeal to the Final Fantasy crowd, it's supposed to be drawing in those hardcore Japanese Dragon Quest fans. Anyone who's played DQ knows that that's a series that pretty much refuses to evolve.

So it's not really a surprise to me that Blue Dragon turned out to be such a standard RPG. After all, it's supposed to be the answer to Dragon Quest (not Final Fantasy, IGN), and 360 doesn't have any really old-school styled turn based grind fests. So if they were going to pick a formula, why not one that works? Better yet, why not one that has undoubtly proven Japan to be its bitch? Blue Dragon was made first and foremost for Japan, and judging by its success there, it worked. The game coming over to our shores is just a bonus. It wasn't really meant for us...

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"