By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Resident Evil 5 PS3 Bundle Announced

Yakuza 3 bundle ftw.. this one ? meh.

Check out my game about moles ^

Around the Network

I like it ~.~

• 2010 MUST Haves: WKC, Heavy Rain, GoWIII, Fable III, Mass Effect 2, Bayonetta, Darksiders, FFXIII, Alan Wake, No More Heroes 2, Fragile Dreams: FRotM, Trinity: SoZ, BFBC2.
  • Older Need To Buys: Super Mario Bros. Wii, Mario Kart Wii, Deadspace, Demon's Souls, Uncharted 2.

There is definitely more to list that I want, but that's my main focus there.

Should help the sales a bit.

So it is Yakuza 3 and Resident evil 5 vs Star ocean 4 and Resident evil 5.

Nice, in the next gen i will buy my next console in a bundle

FilaBrasileiro said:
NJ5 said:

I'm guessing they're just going toe to toe... These bundles must be costing them a bundle (sorry for the lousy joke, it's late and I obviously gotta sleep).

How is it costing them?

Because instead of collecting royalties from Capcom, they pay Capcom instead for each copy they bundle. Capcom certainly is not losing money with this, so who else than Sony/MS does?

Seihyouken said:
NJ5 said:

I'm guessing they're just going toe to toe... These bundles must be costing them a bundle (sorry for the lousy joke, it's late and I obviously gotta sleep).

Actually it's the opposite. Sony likely won't be losing a thing off these bundles. They're selling for ¥48,980. That's rougly equivilant to $500. Assuming that iSupply's estimate that PS3s cost Sony roughly $440 to manufacture and taking into account that it's cheaper to ship the consoles that are made in China to Japan as well as the roughly $60 that they have to pay Capcom for every copy of Resident Evil 5. This bundle is actually more cost effective than selling the 80GB model by itself.

OK I didn't know these particular bundles were more expensive than the PS3 in Japan. Here in Europe I've seen a lot of bundles at the same price as the console.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network

@Tbone

Yakuza is a bigger franchise than SO in Japan

We know what platform Re5 will help more (like all other multiplats in Japan)

so the clear winner is PS3!

NJ5 said:
FilaBrasileiro said:
NJ5 said:

How is it costing them?

Because instead of collecting royalties from Capcom, they pay Capcom instead for each copy they bundle. Capcom certainly is not losing money with this, so who else than Sony/MS does?

Seihyouken said:
NJ5 said:

Actually it's the opposite. Sony likely won't be losing a thing off these bundles. They're selling for ¥48,980. That's rougly equivilant to $500. Assuming that iSupply's estimate that PS3s cost Sony roughly $440 to manufacture and taking into account that it's cheaper to ship the consoles that are made in China to Japan as well as the roughly $60 that they have to pay Capcom for every copy of Resident Evil 5. This bundle is actually more cost effective than selling the 80GB model by itself.

OK I didn't know these particular bundles were more expensive than the PS3 in Japan. Here in Europe I've seen a lot of bundles at the same price as the console.

Yeah... Japan is weird like that.  In Japan a PS3 usually costs 39,980 yen  So about 430 Dollars.

Biohazard 5 isy 8,800 yen... which is actually about 95 US dollars.

Why Sony and Capcom too japanese companies would be using USD for the deal... I don't know.

So apart the bundle and game would be 48780 yen.

The extra controller would be...

5,500 yen.

So sony is losing about 5520 yen on the deal as far as ROI goes...

Not counting whatever they gotta pay Capcom.

I doubt they'd pay capcom full retail though... since they probably get to cut out at least their royalty amount... though still your first assesment about it costing them money probably isn't off... at least we know it's hurting their ROI.

Wii is doomed.

starcraft said:
The Xbox 360 has an identical bundle.

But obviously it's significantly cheaper

and then you open the box to be dissapointed my a 360.

man it seems that every game these days comes in some sort of bundle. LBP, Uncharted, GTA4, GT5P, Resident Evil 5, MGS4, Motorstorm, Resistance, DMC4. Any games I'm missing or screwed up on?  And that is just PS3, the Xbox has quite a few too if not just as many