By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Resident Evil 5 PS3 Bundle Announced

nice this will boost sales for the ps3. sony needs to keep the bundles around longer tho like months or more

Around the Network
Kasz216 said:
Sony is giving out bundles like candy.

360 is getting one too eh?

What's up with all the bundles. I don't remember last gen being so bundle crazy.

Guess Wii Sports harkens people back to the glory days of making every sap pay for a game they may or may not want?

I'm guessing they're just going toe to toe... These bundles must be costing them a bundle (sorry for the lousy joke, it's late and I obviously gotta sleep).

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

should help sales

Looks like my the first part of my Sig has already started to come true :D

2008, Sony didn't bundle anything Multiplat to compete with MS, that I could remember anyways. Sony isn't going to stand down anymore, good for them.

• 2010 MUST Haves: WKC, Heavy Rain, GoWIII, Fable III, Mass Effect 2, Bayonetta, Darksiders, FFXIII, Alan Wake, No More Heroes 2, Fragile Dreams: FRotM, Trinity: SoZ, BFBC2.
  • Older Need To Buys: Super Mario Bros. Wii, Mario Kart Wii, Deadspace, Demon's Souls, Uncharted 2.

There is definitely more to list that I want, but that's my main focus there.

^they bundled Devil May Cry 4 in Japan.

Around the Network
Magnific0 said:
^they bundled Devil May Cry 4 in Japan.

Ah, guess I missed that one.

• 2010 MUST Haves: WKC, Heavy Rain, GoWIII, Fable III, Mass Effect 2, Bayonetta, Darksiders, FFXIII, Alan Wake, No More Heroes 2, Fragile Dreams: FRotM, Trinity: SoZ, BFBC2.
  • Older Need To Buys: Super Mario Bros. Wii, Mario Kart Wii, Deadspace, Demon's Souls, Uncharted 2.

There is definitely more to list that I want, but that's my main focus there.

good god, that PS3 is fugly. They couldn't come up with a better design (a la Yakuza 3). Sony should have just made it a different color.

NJ5 said:
Kasz216 said:

What's up with all the bundles. I don't remember last gen being so bundle crazy.

Guess Wii Sports harkens people back to the glory days of making every sap pay for a game they may or may not want?

I'm guessing they're just going toe to toe... These bundles must be costing them a bundle (sorry for the lousy joke, it's late and I obviously gotta sleep).

How is it costing them?

tis the bundle wars

NJ5 said:
Kasz216 said:

Actually it's the opposite. Sony likely won't be losing a thing off these bundles. They're selling for ¥48,980. That's rougly equivilant to $500. Assuming that iSupply's estimate that PS3s cost Sony roughly $440 to manufacture and taking into account that it's cheaper to ship the consoles that are made in China to Japan as well as the roughly $60 that they have to pay Capcom for every copy of Resident Evil 5. This bundle is actually more cost effective than selling the 80GB model by itself.