By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Actual Chart-Track Numbers, and LTD numbers (SSBB > LBP > MGS4) and more!

Wait, what's the story behind the release of these numbers?

Who is releasing them, why, and from what source are they coming (you mentioned Chart-Track in the title, but I can't find anything in the forum you linked to). I'm wondering, because I have some DKP down at simExchange that de Blob will do at least 500k, and if there's 50k sitting in UK, there's a good chance it's higher elsewhere... so, just want to make sure of the authenticity of this data before I go all out. lol

Around the Network
Stever89 said:
Wait, what's the story behind the release of these numbers?

Who is releasing them, why, and from what source are they coming (you mentioned Chart-Track in the title, but I can't find anything in the forum you linked to). I'm wondering, because I have some DKP down at simExchange that de Blob will do at least 500k, and if there's 50k sitting in UK, there's a good chance it's higher elsewhere... so, just want to make sure of the authenticity of this data before I go all out. lol

Some dude on the link to the forum I posted, and it looked legit.  The Weekly chart-track numbers he released matched up to the numbers we got yesterday (they were actual scans), then he asked if people wanted LTD numbers for games, and started giving them away (no scans).

Seems legit enough for me but you never know.

thibje said:
SO GTA IV might be the first game to sell 1,000,000 units in UK for the 360 with the upcomming downloadable content... I thought it would be Halo 3.

Do we have Halo 3 numbers? Eh anyways I would take these with a grain of salt.

The numbers seem legit to me. If you check vs VGC, and divide Others by 3 for Wii, 3.5 for X360, and 4.5 for Ps3, you get roughly the same numbers.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

Wow @ MKWii.

1.7 MILLION

Around the Network
Oyvoyvoyv said:

The numbers seem legit to me. If you check vs VGC, and divide Others by 3 for Wii, 3.5 for X360, and 4.5 for Ps3, you get roughly the same numbers.

Lol so which one should we take? PS3 numbers undertracked? Wii numbers overtracked?

Well, I'm no expert on how games sell in the UK compared to the rest of Europe/Others (mainly because there's not a lot of data to go on), but there are 5.1 million Wii's in the UK (as of Jan 3rd, 2009 according to VGChartz), while there are 17.2 million Wii's in Total Others. So about 30% of Wii sales in Total Others comes from the UK. Going by VGChartz data for de Blob in Total Others, it has 210k sales. If we assume both VGChartz and this guy are about right, then about 23% of its sales come from the UK.

I can live with that. Makes me happier about the rest of VGChartz data for de Blob. It's a great game, it deserves the sales. :)

Interesting numbers though. Brawl hasn't done all that well it seems.

Oyvoyvoyv said:

Most to least sales. Blue = Wii. Red = Ps3. Green = X360. Brown = Pc. Black = Multiplat

MK Wii - 1750K

GTA IV (Combined) = 1669K

GTA IV 360 - 929k

GTA IV PS3 - 740k 

Gears 2 - 594k 

Fallout 3 (combined) - 538K

GT5: P - 400k 

SSBB - 363k 

Fable 2 - 350k 

LBP - 309k

Fallout 3 360 - 298k

MGS4 - 290k

Wii Music - 245k 

Fallout 3 PS3 - 180k

Lips - 128k

Buzz Quiz TV 85k

Fallout 3 PC - 60k

Samba de amigo - 56k

Uncharted (platinum) 50k 

Banjo N&B - 50k

De blob - 49k 

Abba (standalone only) - 48k

Singstar Vol 2 (standalone only) - 41k

Wario Land shake - 32k

GTA IV PC - 30k

You're in the Movies - 25k

Last remnant - 22k

Added Buzz Quiz TV, Banjo N&B and standalone for the Singstar games as was said by him (He doesn't have the bundled numbers).

FilaBrasileiro said:
Oyvoyvoyv said:

Lol so which one should we take? PS3 numbers undertracked? Wii numbers overtracked?

No, you misinterpreted me.

Wiis userbase in UK = 1/3 of the total Others userbase.

X360s = 1/3

Ps3s = 1/4.5

And the games seem to have the same ratio here. Well, roughly.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

Oyvoyvoyv said:
FilaBrasileiro said:
Oyvoyvoyv said:

No, you misinterpreted me.

Wiis userbase in UK = 1/3 of the total Others userbase.

X360s = 1/3.5

Ps3s = 1/4.5

And the games seem to have the same ratio here. Well, roughly.

So by using your formula

COD WaW

Others:

PS3: 1160k

X360: 1300k

Wii: 160k

I would assume UK

PS3: 257.7k

X360: 371k

Wii: 53.3k

And by the same token I can say Singstar Vol 2 (standalone only) = 184.5k in Others? IDK, maybe