By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Still Expecting A PS3 Pricecut After The Recent Times Article?

A Spring pricecut seems slimmer and slimmer with the passing day.

My original guess was an early price cut in Japan where the rate exchange was a non-issue and then a $50 NA/Europe pricecut in September to try to build momemtum leading to holidays.

But with the latest news/rumour, and Sony announcing possible closures of major divisions, can Sony really turn around and sell the PS3 cheaper?

I now think that the PS3 won't have a pricecut in 2009, best bet is a new cheaper PS3 model with less gizmo's(wifi, usb ports, ect)

What are your thoughts, and have your predictions about a PS3 pricecuts changed too??

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

Around the Network

You getting off to the bad Sony news then Gebx? As per usual...

I'm sure about 70% of members on this site do.

You know lol ..

Sony could be declaring backrupcty ( 100% NOT going to happen I KNOW ALREADY!)
and Sony FANS would still be saying

"Sony's alright, they'll be ok!"

It would be wise to see the damage, or lack thereof when the financial results come out on January 31st or whenever.

Until then, no one knows how SCE did this quarter, and any prediction is going to make more sense after that happens, and if Sony does cut anything from SCE or any other divisions.

It's a little too early for this. Maybe in a few weeks when everything is clear(er).

Squall_Leonhart said:
You getting off to the bad Sony news then Gebx? As per usual...

Get some new material. Are NON PS3 owners not allowed to talk about the PS3?

Around the Network

The only reason I would imagine Sony dropping the price anytime soon is if they announce next month that they are shutting down their PS division. Then expect a fire sale.

I dont expect a price cut, but boy, do they need one

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

I hope for a ps3 price cut. As a consumer that is all one can hope for.

seece said:
I'm sure about 70% of members on this site do.

You know lol ..

Sony could be declaring backrupcty ( 100% NOT going to happen I KNOW ALREADY!)
and Sony FANS would still be saying

"Sony's alright, they'll be ok!"

Same thing goes the other way around.

If something good happens, other fanboys immediately dismiss it, or try to bash it.

"you know lol..."

I still expect Sony to make a price cut next year, although at the moment I have no idea when, where or by how much.

But if they cut loose a major section of their business and start getting control of things, I think Sony may be willing to sell the PS3 at a small loss to gain some marketshare back.