By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Virtual Console: You own what?

Sonic (mainly for the wife)
Super Mario 64
Super Mario Kart 64
Super Mario World
Star Fox 64
Tecmo Bowl
Donkey Kong Country
Diddy's Kong Quest (Just got it a couple hrs ago)
Street Fighter II

I need to get some more

Around the Network

Well, I own the following:

NES:

-Mario Bros

-Super Mario Bros

-The Legend of Zelda

SNES:

-Super Mario World

-Donkey Kong Country

N64:

-The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

-Paper Mario

I will never understand this phenomenon.  It looks like emulation isn't good enough for you guys.

As someone who has his entire net worth tied up in shares of Nintendo stock, I would like to thank those of you who have purchased so many virtual console titles.

And this being my first post, I'd like to mention how much of a huge Nintendo fanboy I am.  Having your life savings in a company's stock will kind of make you into one.  Seriously, try it.  Now, more than ever, I want Sony to tank.  Go Nintendo! 

...  Ok, I'm going back to the NTDOY thread

Hemlock said:

I will never understand this phenomenon. It looks like emulation isn't good enough for you guys.

As someone who has his entire net worth tied up in shares of Nintendo stock, I would like to thank those of you who have purchased so many virtual console titles.

And this being my first post, I'd like to mention how much of a huge Nintendo fanboy I am. Having your life savings in a company's stock will kind of make you into one. Seriously, try it. Now, more than ever, I want Sony to tank. Go Nintendo!

... Ok, I'm going back to the NTDOY thread

No, emulation is not good enough for me.  I don't enjoy playing console games on a PC with a keyboard.  I will cough up 5 bucks right a way to play SMB on my 42" plasma with a video game controller.

(In Chronological Order)

Super Mario Bros.

The Legend of Zelda

The Legend of Zelda: A Link To The Past

Mario Kart

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina Of Time

Around the Network
naznatips said:
Hemlock said:

I will never understand this phenomenon. It looks like emulation isn't good enough for you guys.

And this being my first post, I'd like to mention how much of a huge Nintendo fanboy I am. Having your life savings in a company's stock will kind of make you into one. Seriously, try it. Now, more than ever, I want Sony to tank. Go Nintendo!

No, emulation is not good enough for me. I don't enjoy playing console games on a PC with a keyboard. I will cough up 5 bucks right a way to play SMB on my 42" plasma with a video game controller.

Anything more to it than that (beyond ethical concerns)?  After all there are many low cost game controller solutions for the PC.  I myself have an original Super Nintendo controller modified to USB.  

Hemlock said:
naznatips said:
Hemlock said:

No, emulation is not good enough for me. I don't enjoy playing console games on a PC with a keyboard. I will cough up 5 bucks right a way to play SMB on my 42" plasma with a video game controller.

Anything more to it than that (beyond ethical concerns)? After all there are many low cost game controller solutions for the PC. I myself have an original Super Nintendo controller modified to USB.

Ethically I'm not concerned, because I own all the games in their original cartridges anyway.  It's perfectly legal to have roms of games you already bought, as they can be considered simply backup data.  Yes, I could buy a cord and a game controller for my PC and lug it into the family room and hook it up to the plasma so that I could play my classic games in that form, but I prefer the convenience.  It's not much money, and the games are convenient, easily accessed, and all in one place, and can be played in a way that maximizes their potential.

Turbografx-16
Bomberman 93

NES

punchout

SNES
Super Mario World
Breath Of Fire II

Mega Drive/Genesis

Sonic 2
Story Of Thor(Beyond Oasis)
Shining Force

N64
Super Mario 64
F-Zero X

Wii number: 2758-1649-6225-4782

Click here to level up my license!

Picked up Super C (aka: Contra 2) last night

我是广州人

I own

Legend of Zelda
Punch-Out!
Streets of Rage 2

and that's it. Some of you guys have so many games though.