By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Chinatown Wars "Far Bigger" than PSP GTA Games

http://grandtheftauto.ign.com/articles/news/2204/Chinatown-Wars-Far-Bigger-than-PSP-GTA-Games

In the latest issue of Nintendo Power, Gordon Hall, the President of Rockstar Leeds, talks about Chinatown Wars for the Nintendo DS. The studio has a long development history on portable platforms, best known for their work on the two PSP GTA games.

In the magazine, Gordon Hall states that:
"Chinatown Wars is much bigger than anything we have ever done before: more odd jobs, deeper missions, and more moments of over-the-top action. We have a huge interaction with the Rockstar Social Club, a massive game that would stand alone on its own. The list goes on and on; this thing is huge. We are very proud of all of the PSP games we have made, especially the two GTA games, but this game is far bigger."

The "far bigger" remark shouldn't be confused with the physical size of the city, obviously he was talking about all the game content. It's a given that the studio had done far more on this title compared to the PSP GTA games anyway, in that back then they had received two already completed modeled cities with a running game engine, all they had to do was port it over to the PSP platform and start making their alterations and additions. 

Chinatown Wars now has a final release date of March 17, 2009 - exactly one month after GTA IV's first downloadable episode, The Lost and Damned, on the Xbox 360.

PC + Wii owners unite.  Our last-gen dying platforms have access to nearly every 90+ rated game this gen.  Building a PC that visually outperforms PS360 is cheap and easy.    Oct 7th 2010 predictions (made Dec 17th '08)
PC: 10^9
Wii: 10^8

Around the Network

Old news. Still, I am happy that they are not doing a GTA IV and just ripping content out like, not only was there no tomorrow but yesterday was gone as well. I welcome GTA Chinatown Wars and Rockstars bold approach to the title.

Manchester United 2008-09 Season - Trophies & Records

Barclays Premier League 2008-09: 1st // UEFA Champions League 2008-09: Finals (Yet To Play) // FIFA Club World Cup: Winners // UEFA Super Cup: Runners-up // FA Cup: Semi-Finals // League (Carling) Cup: Winners // FA (Charity) Community Shield: Winners
Records: First British Team To Win FIFA Club World Cup, New Record for No. Of Consecutive Clean Sheets In Premier League, New English & British League Records for Minutes Without Conceding, New Record For Going Undeafeated In Champions League (25 games ongoing), First British Team To Beat FC Porto In Portugal, First Club To Defeat Arsenal At The Emirates In European Competition, First Team In English League Football History To Win 3 Titles Back To Back On Two Seperate Ocassions

I wanted a PSP just for Vice City Stories. I'm so sad I missed that game. Vice City is the best GTA ever.

Let's wait and see; I really loved the PSP games, and I'm gonna give this one a try.

So?

Around the Network

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=54071&page=1

Sew buttons, this is great news! Sorry that it's old, but I always wanted to play the PSP versions, now I know I don't have to.

PC + Wii owners unite.  Our last-gen dying platforms have access to nearly every 90+ rated game this gen.  Building a PC that visually outperforms PS360 is cheap and easy.    Oct 7th 2010 predictions (made Dec 17th '08)
PC: 10^9
Wii: 10^8

i never played the GTA games on psp but i may have to consider getting this one though

3DS FC: 4355-9313-6815

frybread said:
Sew buttons, this is great news! Sorry that it's old, but I always wanted to play the PSP versions, now I know I don't have to.

You don't have to play any versions. 

I'd play the PSP versions if I wanted a game more like the console versions, but if you don't mind top-down instead of 3-D and can get over the graphic under-haul, then I'm sure you'll be happy either way.  Not like anyone is begging you to buy the PSP version anyway.  By and large they're done selling, so I'm sure Rockstar doesn't care either. 

>_>

frybread said:

Doesn't make sense since the games are completely different - it's like comparing Umbrella Chronicles with Resident Evil 5.