By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Famitsu Interview with Kitase -- FF13 Talk & More!

frictionini said:
I wouldn't be surprise if one of them steps out of SE

Probably both, didn't they both say they hated their noss (Wada)?

Around the Network
FilaBrasileiro said:
frictionini said:

Neither said anything like that. They do, however, hate each other (Kitase and Nomura). Kitase has even been asked about this in an interview once, of course he replied like "No, we just have different goals for our games". But you know ..

The Anarchyz said:
FilaBrasileiro said:
Khuutra said:
outlawauron said:
FilaBrasileiro said:
Lol Kitase and Nomura are such PS fanboys

I must say. It is kinda funny.

Considering the investments they've made in the platform so far, it's not surprising that they want it to succeed. I would not call them fanboys for it.

They didn't personally invest in anything and from what it seems they would've rather kept XIII PS3 exclusive....IDK why they love Sony so much, maybe because they saved Squaresoft's ass before, I'm not sure, but they love Sony, Wada hates them lol

Nomura had his 1st chance to become a recognized character designer, artist, director and producer on Sony systems, i mean, he got his big break there when he became Amano's replacement on FF7... Kitase had his break with FF6 and Chrono Trigger, but it was not near as huge as when he became FF7's director... I think both of them love Sony so much because they became this hugely recognized people on Sony's systems...

*Cough*KingdomHearts*cough**cough*

Rei said:
FilaBrasileiro said:
frictionini said:

Neither said anything like that. They do, however, hate each other (Kitase and Nomura). Kitase has even been asked about this in an interview once, of course he replied like "No, we just have different goals for our games". But you know ..

No I'm pretty sure at least one of them said it, I think it was Kitase during an interview when he was playing the last guy. He didn't straight up say it but it was heavily implied.

Rei said:
FilaBrasileiro said:
frictionini said:

For some reason this amuses me. It may be because I respect Kitase immensely and think Nomura is a flaming hack.

@Soriku: Agreed.

Around the Network
Soriku said:
Khuutra said:
outlawauron said:
FilaBrasileiro said:
Lol Kitase and Nomura are such PS fanboys

I must say. It is kinda funny.

Considering the investments they've made in the platform so far, it's not surprising that they want it to succeed. I would not call them fanboys for it.

Well...yeah, considering their investments. But I wouldn't call them fanboys for PS. If they were really fanboys they'd have blind love for it, but Kitase made Sigma Harmonics for the DS, Nomura made CoM for the GBA, 358/2 Days for DS, and TWEWY for the DS which means they're not fanboys. Just fans. And I bet any dev that's making a game for a certain console has to be a fan of it.

It's most a joke (to me at least), it's silly to think a developer as a fanboy. You just do not see a third party love to work for another company as much as these guys. (and on the least popular console too!)

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Can't wait until FFXIII releases. But what saddens me is that we probably won't see a NA release of versus til like early 2011.

FilaBrasileiro said:
Rei said:
FilaBrasileiro said:
frictionini said:

No I'm pretty sure at least one of them said it, I think it was Kitase during an interview when he was playing the last guy. He didn't straight up say it but it was heavily implied.

yup it's some SE staff pissed at Wada according to Kitase on the interview.

The Nomura vs Kitase was older news and was about the path of FF in terms of gameplay and ideas, more of a director clash rivalry w/c is already finish

while the Wada issue is about... WADA XD

Soriku said:
Khuutra said:
Rei said:
FilaBrasileiro said:
frictionini said:

For some reason this amuses me. It may be because I respect Kitase immensely and think Nomura is a flaming hack.

@Soriku: Agreed.

I <3 Mr. Belts and Zippers.

@outlaw

Well, they're spending a crapload of money on these FF games and these games are taking years to get done. For them not to be really devoted to it would be stupid. Most PS3 games don't take this long to develop and probably don't cost the same. It'll be interesting to see what they'd like to do after the FF games are done.

It seems more how Square releases there games. They are focusing on releasing FF 13 now? What happened whenever you got your dev kits in 2006! Why weren't they focusing on finishing it then? I digress.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.