By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii Sports Resale Price on EBay

In the "Wii Sports Passes SMB for the best selling game of all time" thread, Snozzle mentioned that Wii Sports was selling for $40+ on ebay and Amazon.  I was a bit suspicious of that since it seemed really high for a game that all Wii owners (in NA) should have.  Lo and behold, it's true:EBay Listings for Wii Sports !

A few things come to mind when seeing this:

1. Most people are probably not selling their copies, unlike other Wii games.  If they were, it would drive the price down.

2. People perceive Wii Sports as having a high value, otherwise there wouldn't be bidders to drive up the price of copies for sale.

In any case, I find it really interesting and it certainly shows that the demand for Wii Sports would most likely have been very high if Nintendo hadn't bundled it (as in Japan).

Around the Network

I think the EBay sellers should say which TYPE of Wii Sports. I was playing Wii Sports at my cousin's house and his version was updated, the original version is different, so it's probably more rare in the end.

"After you win, son, I feel like going for a ride on your bike, haha." ~Doc Louis (Punch Out Wii)

DaveD said:
I think the EBay sellers should say which TYPE of Wii Sports. I was playing Wii Sports at my cousin's house and his version was updated, the original version is different, so it's probably more rare in the end.

Wow, a different version. Different how?

DaveD said:

Whaaa?

Epic FAILURE of the year??

Diferent versions of wii sports???

ROFLLLZZ

Version 1: Came with release
Version 2: Came with the Wii after the safety thing that goes on the controller was given out

Version 2 has updated graphics, and the baseball thing has a startup "cutscene", and maybe other stuff that I didn't get to see while playing it for a short time.

"After you win, son, I feel like going for a ride on your bike, haha." ~Doc Louis (Punch Out Wii)

Around the Network

Wii sports sells at CEX in the UK for £25/£22 and they buy for £15/£13 cash, even though it comes packaged with all UK Wiis.

http://www.cex.co.uk/search/index.php?rad_which_stock=1&stext=wii+sports

I noticed that, too. I played the original on my brother's Wii, then when I got my own Wii, I played Wii Sports, played baseball, noticed the intro, and went "wtf?!"

Used Wii Sports = $10 at Gamestop. Resell anyone?

Currently playing: Civ 6

lol, WiiSport cost more on ebay the GTA4... and people say we should not count WiiSports....

Also gamespot sells WiiPLay for 19.99... which makes little sense.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

nintendo sells replacement copies of wii sports for 14.99, so if anything wii sports is undertracked

I HAVE A DOUBLE DRAGON CAB IN MY KITCHEN!!!!!!

NOW A PUNISHER CAB!!!!!!!!!!!!!