By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - PC Of The Future - E-Ball

http://dvice.com/archives/2008/07/tiny_eball_tout.php

Tiny E-Ball touted as PC of the future

Who says a PC has to be rectangular, or even square? Designer Apostol Tnokovski thinks the PC world is round, and conceived this 6-inch orb-shaped number as his proof. Not only is E-Ball oddball shaped, it’s called “the smallest PC ever made.”

Take a look a the pics in our gallery below, and you'll see the pop-out laser mouse, a pico projector inside that illuminates either the wall or a sheet of paper for a screen, and that laser keyboard that would almost certainly be a clumsy input device. Fix that, and find a motherboard that’ll fit inside this palm-sized baby, and Apostol might be onto something here.

Around the Network

A ball shaped electronic device has a strong chance of rolling around. Not sure it is a smart move, unless you will hold it in your hand and that causes your brain to get jacked in.... kinda like the PS9:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFzu0pWcSD4

People who create things like this, end up dwelling on "coolness" over functionality (and it does look cool).

The pictures on the site show gray legs protruding from the sides to stabilize it.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Looks like the Okama Gamesphere.

Projector instead of screen: I think this will happen.
Laser keyboard: if it can be done well.
Spherical: If the point is to make it more convenient (I assume it is) then why?

"You can never jump away from Conclusions. Getting back is not so easy. That's why we're so terribly crowded here."

Canby - The Phantom Tollbooth

Around the Network
lapsed_gamer said:
Spherical: If the point is to make it more convenient (I assume it is) then why?

Laser keyboards work quite well already .

Youtube action

Anyway for PC-gamers its always better to make one from currently available components. Its much cheaper and you get much better computer.

Deneidez said:
lapsed_gamer said:

Laser keyboards work quite well already .

Youtube action

Anyway for PC-gamers its always better to make one from currently available components. Its much cheaper and you get much better computer.

Very cool.

"You can never jump away from Conclusions. Getting back is not so easy. That's why we're so terribly crowded here."

Canby - The Phantom Tollbooth

Wait, isn't that the PS9?

*edit* Damn, was beaten. Curses for not reading all the posts!

richardhutnik said:
A ball shaped electronic device has a strong chance of rolling around. Not sure it is a smart move, unless you will hold it in your hand and that causes your brain to get jacked in.... kinda like the PS9:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFzu0pWcSD4

People who create things like this, end up dwelling on "coolness" over functionality (and it does look cool).

Looks like they already thought about that. It has some support legs to keep it from rolling around.

So, you throw this at somebody and it shoots you with it's laser? cool.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive