By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gears of War vs. Uncharted Cover System

Gears has the upper hand, definitely! I never died on the hardest difficulties because of some issue with the cover system, never.

Uncharted feels like Dark Sector, where you sometimes take cover on some wall/rock you don't even want to take cover on. I died many times because of a bad placement, and I was obviously pushing on the wall I wanted to "stick" on. I don't know, sometimes you roll to "stick" on some other wall/rock, but it doesn't stick where you wanted to (more like on the opposite side of the wall, I wasn't even pushing a direction or even O or X buttons). It should be automatic, but it's not. That's what bugged me in Uncharted.

So what do I usually do? Just aim normally, and press L3 when I want to have a better aim. It's better anyways! =P

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

Around the Network

I cant really say imo, because i've never eeally played gears, every time i go to my local wal-mart i always play or USE to play games like LO on the 360.

But i'd have to say uncharted it feels really smooth and well done, easy to swing in and out with no problem.

kibebr said:
Stupid thread... both are sooo diferent... GOW2 is all about war, great war, great AI enemy, etc... Drakes nothing to do with that, is adventure driven, other style of AI, ambient, etc... OMG...

Excuse me, but there's probably just 3-4 chapters where you really explore in Uncharted. The rest is about run & gunning. I haven't seen so many pirates in my entire life on two islands, and they even appear in areas you would never think they would be (example: ancient ruins that were never opened before... yeah, they went that far). Also, they take more than 3-4 bullets to die, even without kevlar!

*ahem*

The game is still fricking awesome though! ^^

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

haxxiy said:
NNN2004 said:
i think gears is better because u can move from cover to another quickly also Drake cant jump over covers.

This.

Is wrong.

FilaBrasileiro said:
haxxiy said:
NNN2004 said:
i think gears is better because u can move from cover to another quickly also Drake cant jump over covers.

This.

Is wrong.

Drake "can," but it's not always automatic (unlike Gears). Let's just say the cover objects are not always placed strategically, which makes it annoying when 2 enemies are running at you at the same time (oh em gee)! @_@

Oh wait, he did say jump over cover... Well yeah, he's wrong on that part!

Random game thought :

Around the Network

gonna rent drakes again liked the story but gears is a shooter and you can do lots of things in drakes