By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS360Wii console pricing history

Oct 09 Elite 120g + Pure + Lego Batman 299$

Is this for real? Gonna be tough to know who will win NA this holiday season :|.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 > Modern Warfare 2

Around the Network

Update

i havent been around lately to update it but have today theres alot thats has been announced during the time i think thats all thats been released if u see anything missing feel free to add ill update it if ur findings are correct try to post a source here a list of the things added today

ps3

Nov 3 09 US launch 250gb Slim            349$  pic

Nov 3 09  US launch 250gb Slim            349$  pic

Oct 1 09 EU 250gb Slim + NFS Shift          £285   €349  pic

Oct 1 09 EU 250gb Slim + 2 Platinum titles       £285   €349

Oct 1 09 EU 250gb Slim + Infamous       £285   €349

Oct 8 09 EU 250gb Slim + FIFA 10             £285   €349  pic

Oct 16 09 EU 250gb Slim + Uncharted 2      £285   €349 pic

Oct 19 09 EU 250gb Slim + Dark Knight+ Wolverine + Blu-ray remote   £285   €349 pic

Nov 4 09 EU 250gb Slim + Tekken 6           £285   €349 pic

Nov 19 09 EU 250g Slim + Assassins Creed 2  £285   €349 pic

Dec 17 09 Japan 250g special, FF13-themed + FF13      41,600 yen  pic

wii

Sep 27 09 US wii price cut      199$

Oct 1 09 JP wii price cut    20,000yen

Oct 2 09 Wii + Wii Sports + Wii Sports Resorts + Wii Motion Plus        £179,  €249  pic

Oct 23 09 Super Elite 250g + standard ed. Forza3 + 2x wireless controllers       £249€329 pic

Oct 28 09    Elite 120g + Ace Combat 6 and Lost Planet Colonies        29,800yen pic

Nov 09 Elite 120g + PES 10                    38,000yen pic

Play Me

My god, I need a flowchart to understand all the different ps360 skus and price drops.

Finally the Wii list can start growing.

TBH I think Nintendo should have done something back in April/May rather than wait until now.... although price cuts in time for the holidays seem more effective than those early in the year, so maybe not.

Wii had price cut in EU too. (except UK that got new better bundle)

Around the Network
Halo_John said:
honestly, this forum will do better if you show the proof that ps3 will do better than the xbox, but besides that, the wii's total sold out in japan is still higher than ps3, its seriously risky for you to bet on that the ps3 will sell ten times more than the wii. i mean come on, the wii has a million sellers that are doing so much better than the xbox and the ps3, so please do not post that in the predictions league:)
By the way, your bet that the xbox sales gap and the ps3 is really good...
I don't give a damn about the price cuts(no offense)beacuse i owe the PS2, PS3 and the Xbox 360.

*PS3's sales will EXPLODE this holiday season to outsell the 360 from November onwards*
Please list the games, I want to see how good they are!

i just saw this post it made me laugh wen i read it

1 wat does that have to do wit the thread this threads for console price drops and bundle data

2 maybe ur new to the site and thought my sig was part of the post all that stuff at the bottom of my post is called a signiture its just how i feel about sales it doesnt apply to the thread i dont like wen i try to create serious threads or posts people just judging be by my sig

3 i dont have to show proof of nothing ps3 beat the wii over 10 times in JP and probably will beat it around 21 times b4 the years up and ps3 sales will explode and will outsell the 360 from NOV onwards WW and maybe in each region as u can see by ur post date around april ive been saying it and now here we are oct and ps3 sales did explode in sep and there will be a bigger explotion Nov and Dec holiday rush time so the proof is in the charts 

4 @ killerman i didnt know wii had a price cut in the EU teritories ill have to look into it some ps3 bundles are also UK only but since vgc has UK with EU on the front page and in the charts i didnt specify it but my thread is in fact a source itself by including the date and wats in the bundle simply typing in that info in ur google or yahoo bar will always bring u to the original source i get the info from so u can always do a more detailed check that way

Play Me

@ killer ur right it hard to keep track of all this especially in the EU stuff

uk had a raise in mar of 09 and Eu regions not UK had price drop a few weeks ago uk just went down to wat it was at launch

http://www.itproportal.com/portal/news/article/2009/9/24/nintendo-will-cut-uk-wii-prices-after-all/

http://www.videogamesblogger.com/2009/09/24/nintendo-lowers-wii-price-to-199-in-us-and-uk-on-september-27-2009.htm

Play Me

Hi everyone

Its amazing how the 360 has only dropped by $100 in North America in 4 years, while the PS3 has dropped by $200 and had a slim in 3 years and still is losing weekly. The 360 is a beast the Xbox brand > PS brand in NA.

Even more amazing is the fact that PS3 outsells 360 every week everywhere in the world except NA despite being a lot more expansive.

Other amazing facts :
- 250 k PS3 consoles sold in Japan this week due to FF13 launch (absolute best week in Japan)
- PS3 has now a greater installed base in Europe than Xbox 360 despite the price difference and more than 1 year head start for the 360.

So congrats Sony, PS3 is a beast.