By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Metal Gear Solid Four must be one of the greatest games ever made.

^ It was outstanding! Raiden just goes all out! Not as good when both of his arms are missing and he takes on like 15 dudes

Around the Network
colonelstubbs said:
I dont think it stands up to much repeated play, but that first run through will stay with you a while

I honestly put down the controller for over three months and just picked it up since september today.  I am still impressed.  I am probably going to jump in a little MGO action for the sake of it.

^Yea, you are guaranteed a great cutscene if you have Raiden and a blade in in. The Raiden vs Vamp Cutscene was excellent along with many others.

The only down side to Raiden's return was that it was shown IN IT'S ENTIRETY in the preview trailers. Kojima and company should have teased us more. Still, it rocked! Amazing choreography in those fight scenes.

^ I used to be in the top 5000 best players in the world at MGO until I started to play COD again. Its hard to get back into MGO again, its quite slow and the updates for it are huge downloads

Around the Network

Smcc1887, I gotta rock it out. I think we need to start a classics league and make bylaws and rules for what game qualify for this.  When I mean classic something we know that can never be over played.

^lol

I love MGS4 and any thread made about it
It gets me very passionate.

I certainly agree that MGS 4 is one of the greatest games ever made. Even though I wasn't a big fan of Act 3, I loved to play it just to watch the cutscenes at the end where you find out so much information. For me, the cutscenes never get old. My favorite moments have to be in Act 4 when you stumble upon an audio flashback. Just being there at Shadow Moses and hearing those familiar conversations are a real treat.

If you read this, slap yourself.

PS3 Trophies

KylieDog said:
Kzoellner said:
^Its not all stealth. I thinks thats why I like it. You can make it stealth or massive action. There is only oe art of the game where oyu have to fallow and use stealth.

That is why it sucks, the entire point of stealth is that if you get an alert soldiers rush you and if you try to fight you die, you need hide again to survive getting spotted, not kill everyone.

Its a shooter with stealth as an option, is one of the many reasons it sucks compared to other MGS games.

Ignore this post.

@KylieDog, when you're ready to play the game in other difficulty than Liquid Easy come back here and tell me you can cause an alert and get away with it killing everything that comes at you. I know at the beginning of the game, and I mean the middle east ONLY, you can win battles and secure areas, but that's only that part of the game where you can TAKE SIDES with the rebels, and... by the way, try being a man and play through all those portions without taking sides, it's quite different from your apparently teddy bear difficulty experience.

MGS4 was one of the best SIMULATIONS of a blockbuster film I have ever run into. For something that is an actual game and a storytelling through a game, and not a simulation of a movie, I would go with Uncharted.