By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo should learn to cater to us after game of the year awards.

johnsobas said:
Erik Aston said:
Twesterm sent me a warning. Seriously? I didn't think people could get past "the chickens will come home to the other foot" and still believe I was serious.

Oh well.

Having read many of your posts in the past i knew it either wasn't you or it was a joke.  However people that make posts like you just did do come around so it may be a joke but it's believable if people haven't read your post history.

yeah exactly... Now it make more senses as a joke but still, that kind of sarcasm is so subtle that you have to over analyse the guy's background in order to see if he is serious or not... also a lot of people come on this forum without havinh English as their mother tongue so it might be harder for them to get all the subtility behind a post epecially since many have the that kind of opinion. But I feel better now cause I always though of vgchartz's forum as a place with not too many trools and i'm happy to see that this stuff of five time more pixels was not serious

Around the Network
Erik Aston said:
Twesterm sent me a warning. Seriously? I didn't think people could get past "the chickens will come home to the other foot" and still believe I was serious.

Oh well.

Chicken shoes are serious business, Erik.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

travis said:

yeah exactly... Now it make more senses as a joke but still, that kind of sarcasm is so subtle that you have to over analyse the guy's background in order to see if he is serious or not... also a lot of people come on this forum without havinh English as their mother tongue so it might be harder for them to get all the subtility behind a post epecially since many have the that kind of opinion. But I feel better now cause I always though of vgchartz's forum as a place with not too many trools and i'm happy to see that this stuff of five time more pixels was not serious

I ought leave this sort of thing to Rol. If this: "We hardcores ahve been gaming since we were little kids, and now Nintendo is betting everything on little kids! Instead of us! Its insulting but more important it won't work as a business. Why? Have you seen recent Blu-Ray sales?" is subtle sarcasm, then I guess I don't know how to make it blunt.

Or maybe folks just missed it because they were distracted by images of how the Wiimote might be used for Mario Hotdog Eating Contest 4.

"[Our former customers] are unable to find software which they WANT to play."
"The way to solve this problem lies in how to communicate what kind of games [they CAN play]."

Satoru Iwata, Nintendo President. Only slightly paraphrased.

twesterm said:
noname2200 said:
MontanaHatchet said:
*Snicker*

Oh, you guys...

Admit it, you like to watch these threads just as much as the rest of us.

I like watching them until someone finally gets around to reporting the posts because then I actually gotta do something.  -_-

Wait. We can be warned for sarcasm and intentional irony?

Shit.

This will lead to the company's downfall? Hardly.

Mario Kart Wii was the highest selling game this year other than Wii Sports, Fit and Play.

It wasn't considered for any awards, and was reviewed very poorly compared to other Mario Karts. Why? Because the gaming media is out of touch.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Around the Network
Erik Aston said:
travis said:

I ought leave this sort of thing to Rol. If this: "We hardcores ahve been gaming since we were little kids, and now Nintendo is betting everything on little kids! Instead of us! Its insulting but more important it won't work as a business. Why? Have you seen recent Blu-Ray sales?" is subtle sarcasm, then I guess I don't know how to make it blunt.

Or maybe folks just missed it because they were distracted by images of how the Wiimote might be used for Mario Hotdog Eating Contest 4.

well the subtile sarcasm was more about the first post of the thread. I would have call this more trolling thant anything else but nevermind...

tl;dr

God, I'm getting tired of this guy. He's not even funny anymore... -_-'

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

What it comes down to is how will the second versions of these Wii games sell? What happens if the third parties do jump on the Wii bandwagon but primarily by making rehashes of games like Wii Sports, etc. I think they could lead to an industry crash in the long run. And when it comes down to it and if the Wii really does reach a point when it needs to show more advanced rpgs or action adventure type games what will this public that bought the Wii for games like Wii Sports or Wii Fit think when they see that a cinematic type of game on the Wii really pales in comparison to the graphics, etc, of the game on the hd console?

Heavens to Murgatoids.

theRepublic said:
This will lead to the company's downfall? Hardly.

Mario Kart Wii was the highest selling game this year other than Wii Sports, Fit and Play.

It wasn't considered for any awards, and was reviewed very poorly compared to other Mario Karts. Why? Because the gaming media is out of touch.

No, it's because Mario Kart Wii wasn't that great. It wasn't even the best game released in April, nor even the best racing game this year.
It was just another Mario Kart game, hardly any different from the one released a decade ago. And all of sudden because it sells amazingly well, it deserves GOTY? No.