By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will you be satisfied with a 720p Wii 2?

Will the next ps3 and 360 go above 1080p?

Around the Network

Are you kidding me? I mean were talking what 3-4 years from now and they still won't be able to put out a console that can display 1080i/p resolution? How lazy are they? Would be unacceptable in my book

Had to change my sig to get some moderator to quit bitching about it......

I might wait till late into the next gen to get it, but even then I won't be that bothered.

Although I will have anew TV by then, which will probably support 1080p considering it will be at least 5 years from now I am getting it (unless my current one packs in)

Nabraham said:
Are you kidding me? I mean were talking what 3-4 years from now and they still won't be able to put out a console that can display 1080i/p resolution? How lazy are they? Would be unacceptable in my book

You do realise that this is just a hypothetical question?

They haven't announced any 720p Wii. Or at least I haven't heard them announce one.

Around the Network

Don't really care. 720p would be fine with me. I'm pretty sure it'll be at least that, I recall Iwata stating in some interview that their next console would be "HD", so.. 1080, dunno, wouldn't mind if it was, wouldn't care it it wasn't... We'll see.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Seeing as how the vast majority of games now are in 720p or less, and that the difference between 720 and 1080 is completely unnoticeable on anything less than 42 inch screen, and isn't a particularly big deal on anything less than 50 inch screen, I'd have to say yeah, 720p is fine.

1080p is really just a matter of technological bragging rights (it runs a 60 FPS at 1080p!), and for people who have massive TVs. I mean even if the adoption rate of HDTVs is significantly higher in 3-4 years, what will be the adoption rate on 50-60 inch HDTVs? Will that really be worth catering too?

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Xponent said:
Nabraham said:

You do realise that this is just a hypothetical question?

Yea i realize its a hypothetical question, i'm just blown away at the suggestion of it even happening. It's like saying what if MS stuck with DVD technology as its media storage format for its next system in 3 years?

I've had a 1080p 57 inch for over 2 years now, i know thats not the norm but more and more people are getting high def tv's, how hard is it to put an output resolution into a machine of 1080i/p and not just 720p?

Had to change my sig to get some moderator to quit bitching about it......

since i own a reletivly new 720p screen, yes. to agree with alot of people in this thread, a 720P machine would be perfectly acceptable for a next gen machine, niether of the current 'next gen' machines comfortably handle 1080p and I expect Nintendo's nect machine to be of similar spec.
I expect the next gen MS and sony machines to be fully 1080p with motion control at a high price and nintendo to go for a 720 machine, with control and a much lower pricetag.

I'd prefer 720p over 1080i. 1080p is ideal however. But 720p is a perfectly acceptable resolution.