By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Let's Talk: Will 2009 be sonys year?

So, I've been thinking and realized "OMG wow sony has a strong chance" reasons

1. Many devs are either increasing support or returning to the psp.

2. At some point they will be selling the ps3 for a profit, say hello to advertisments then.

3. HUGE linup. Uncharted 2, god of war 3, gran turismo 5, killzone 2, infamous, white knight chronicles, ratchet and clank future series, the list goes on.

4. Nintendo doesn't have any big releases that we know of. Microsoft has some

5. Ready at dawn studios might just make their own ip for the psp rather then using other titles. Everything they have made is/was genious

what do u think? 

Around the Network

sorry, does that help at all? sorry

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

No, it wont be sonys year.

Also, is 'lets talk' your version of snake612's real talk?

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

No, it will not be.

It will be Nintendo's year again.

Around the Network
colonelstubbs said:
No, it wont be sonys year.

Also, is 'lets talk' your version of snake612's real talk?

lol, colonelrambo youre right on the money btw it will be sony's year!

My answer. N. O.

Sony has fallen to far behind. They lost the momentum of 2008 and will greatly suffer because of it. Additionally, with DQ10, third party will soon end for Sony and Microsoft. I think 2009 is defiantly not their year.

Sonys fucked because of the economic crisis and a strong yen. This is going to be their ugliest year ever.

And if you are referring to only their Gaming Division, they are still screwed. The competition is tough and theyre still stuck with most expensive console on the market. Hopefully, theyll resort to a big price cut to boost their install base. That would get me to buy one.

Nintendo has no big releases? Wii Sports Resort is possibly going to be next years biggest seller.

It won't be Sony's year simply because they can't lower the price without deepening their financial troubles.

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

Nintendo actually has some huge releases this year. I mean come on the have Punch Out series returning to Nintendo. They have the highly anticpated title Conduit. Nintendo's line-up is jam packed. Anyways about Sony, I don't think this will be their year but I know that this year will be twice as better as last year. I am hoping to see Sony make more profits off of the ps3 and their exclusive software titles to have amazing first week worldwide sales and increase of hardware sales. Sure, the advertisments aren't really that great. However, soon enough we will see more ads of people actually playing on the ps3.

TO GOD BE THE GLORY