By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Best Ps3 Game Out

im getting starter pack. Resistance and Motorstorm ;) i was thinkin bout others

forgot to ask.. does oblivion LAG liek it does on 360 when u get into a fight.. cause at my mates its lags like a mofo

Own all Sony Stuff PS123P

Feburday 28th will be a Owner of a Wii

Currently playing: Need for Speed Pro Street

Games i own:
NEED FOR SPEED PRO STREET ,DW6 ,WARHAWK ,COD4,JUICED 2 ,RESISTANCE, MOTORSTORM

Games im lookin forward to:
UT3 (Ps3) , HAZE (Ps3) , KZ2 (Ps3) , MGS4 (Ps3) , SSBB (WII) , GT5 (Ps3) LBP (Ps3)
08 Predictions

Wii: 45,000,000
Ds: 90,000,000
PS3: 25,000,000
PSP: 40,000,000
360: 26,000,000
Around the Network

I own Resistance, Oblivion, Ninja Gaiden, and some other not so big games on PS3. I highly reccomend Resistance as your first game because everyone plays FPS games while Oblivion and Ninja G. require aqquired tastes. Resistance is guaranteed to knock your socks off because of the great campaign and onliine features. My brother loves Oblivion, I do to but again, it is an a massive RPG that is probably like nothing you have played on Sony Console. I still highly reccomend it. Ninja Gaiden is sweet, but if you play it on normal it is rediculously hard until you get a few levels in, and still you will want to throw your PS3 controler through the wall. If you are not into massive RPG's the breakdown is Resistance, Ninja G., then Oblivion. IF you love RPG's get Oblivion. Odds are you will like Oblivion because it is just such a great game. It is almost like Zelda, except it is 10x more adventure and exploring.

I would buy NGS or VF5 or maybe Rainbow Six Vegas...  Resistance and Motorstorm provide lots of fun so you can also just play these tilles till Heavenly Sword... Heavenly Sword is really great. Try the demo as soon as you get PS3. 

Oblivion doesnt lag on the ps3 version,

resistance
Nina gaiden
motorstorm

Must gets in the near future:

Heavenly sword
warhawk
Assasins creed etc...

mM

Ohh sounds sweet ill think bout oblivion then cause when i played it at friends i was like narr i dont think soo its was going laggy as.. this is really helping aye.. is the ridge racer game sh*t house or what? does anyone know with Lair's realease in Aus.. cause i think its looks pretty mad

Games i own:

UT3 (Ps3) , HAZE (Ps3) , KZ2 (Ps3) , MGS4 (Ps3) , SSBB (WII) , GT5 (Ps3) LBP (Ps3)
08 Predictions

Around the Network
RobMate said:
is the ridge racer game sh*t house or what?

Definitely I'm going to buy it... It's not on the very top of my list but I like Ridge Racer. If you like previous games of this franchise you won't be surprised it's still old good Ridge Racer but in HD. Graphics is sharp but really old school these days. Arcade style of this game (drift !) is unbearable for some people though. Check before buy.  There is playable demo on PSN.

I really liked Resistance when I played it at my friend's house. Some other cool games are VF5, Super Stardust HD, and Oblivion (played this on 360 though).

I don't like Motorstorm, feels like there's something missing.

Consoles I Own: NES, SNES, N64, GC, GBA, DS, X360, Wii

woahh i just looked at WarHawk.. i swear last time i looked at it... it was only air fighting game woahh thats going on my list

Games i own:

08 Predictions

Seeing as you haven't got a 360, maybe you should try a few multiplat games, Call of Duty 3, Tony Hawks Project 8 and Rainbow Six: Vegas are great games.

tbh, if you're gettign the starter pack, then I would reccommend just having Motorstorm and Resistance for a while. Both game combined can give you over a month of entertainment. By the time you are bored of them Heavenly Sword and Warhawk will be out, those would hold you out until Ratchet and Clank 5, Uncharted: Drakes Fortune, DiRT, Haze, Unreal Tournament 3, Gran Turismo Prologue.

I would also think about getting your hands on a couple of blu-ray movies if you have an HDTV.

I've got Ridge Racer 7 and it's fairly good. The SIXAXIS controls (ie sterr it by moving the controller) are a lot easier to use than on Motorstorm, which seems as if it was added as an afterthought. However, I found that after the first few levels it became a lot harder quickly, so it has a steep learning curve.

I'd recommend R:FOM, I especially like the co-op campaign on that. Motorstorm is also good, but it's a shame there's no split-screen. Don't forget that there's also PS2 games (which should have reduced loading times, and be upscaled, don't belive any of the FUD which seems to say that PS2 games aren't compatible, they are, I think BC is above 90% now), and you can also get games etc off PSN. Most of the big games have a demo you can download if you're not sure about the game, ie R:FOM, Motorstorm, Heavenly sword, Ghost Recon, and others.

One person's experience or opinion never shows the general consensus

PSN ID: Tispower

MSN: tispower1@hotmail.co.uk