By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Whoa, has Square Enix finaly figured out what is wrong with all JRPGS?

Tyrannical is right.

Seraphic is hilarious.

":P" is a smiley sticking his tongue out and when someone starts there post with "Laughing my..." it's probably a joke post.

I would like to see older Characters, too.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

Around the Network

Phew, now once the girls have legal ages again, I guess none of us will feel like pedophiles anymore, fantasizing about them.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Tyrannical said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
Laughing My Funny Ass OFF.

You do realize the age rate for most of them has increased to 18 to some what EARLY 20's.

There hasnt been a 15 to 16 year old lead character in a JRPG in a long while.

For great example the lead in White Knight is 18 while the princesess is like 20.

And From Star Ocean 4 Mavrick is 21 while the girl is 18.

So...Its not that bad anymore, atleast now there just young adults. :P

Well, since your profile says your 18 I guess you won't get my point. But you will in ten years.

Lol, yeah im 18, but im not age bias, im just saying the leads for upcoming HD console games are in there early 20's or late teens meaning 18 to 19.

Pretty much though you gotta admit its better then a buncha 15 years olds with big keys and big shoes running around killing things. *cough* ....

@Steven- lol, do i fail because i was semi serious? >_>

Khuutra said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
@Kuu- dude i mean for the HD consoles lol, not ports or handhelds.

And whats a persona? O.o

....There was gaming before the HD consoles

I'm going to go hide now before the real JRPG fans come in here and kill us all.

I know that but i mean for modern times, the ages of the lead characters HAS infact gone up, even if it is only about 3 to 5 years, at the very least you playing as young adults.

Hell isnt characters like Dante Immortal or something?

And Crisis Core's Zack...even though he starts off as a 16 year old by the time the game ends his around 18 to 21 just as another example.

Around the Network

No. It was still funny.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
Khuutra said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:

And whats a persona? O.o

I'm going to go hide now before the real JRPG fans come in here and kill us all.

I know that but i mean for modern times, the ages of the lead characters HAS infact gone up, even if it is only about 3 to 5 years, at the very least you playing as young adults.

And Crisis Core's Zack...even though he starts off as a 16 year old by the time the game ends his around 18 to 21 just as another example.

I'm pretty sure nearly all of jRPGs' main characters were atleast 20 in the PS1/N64 generation. It does seem characters of jrpgs ave gotten younger this gen, and it doesn't help the fact that most of them look like 14 yr girls.

shio said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
Khuutra said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:

And whats a persona? O.o

I'm pretty sure nearly all of jRPGs' main characters were atleast 20 in the PS1/N64 generation. It does seem characters of jrpgs ave gotten younger this gen, and it doesn't help the fact that most of them look like 14 yr girls.

Really I blame FFVIII, that's where it was all shot to Hell.

Ogre Battle 64, though! My main character was like 28 or 30 when I finished that bad boy.

They found out what is wrong with JRPGs? Apart from the weird storylines, the 5m swords and the endless cutscenes? Cool. Perhaps they can make some western style RPGs from now on. Although I like the story driven aspect of JRPGS, putting together your own character must be the most gimmicky aspect of western RPGs. Ultima for the win.

shio said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
Khuutra said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:

And whats a persona? O.o

I wouldnt know, because i got started with my JRPGs around Final Fantasy VII's time area.

Of course cloud was 21 if im not mistaken right? Tifa was 20 if memory serves... and sephiroth was like what? 27?

Anyways, point across now that you put it that way agreed, but i think the 15 and 14ish days are over because that was in last gen.

This gen however the age bias is around 18-21 range.

Find me one game this gen on an HD console with the main character or co-character below 18, because i havent found any. and im still looking.