By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Can we get a badge thing?

What is this the boy scouts.

Around the Network

Bah, this is a forum, not a box-social.

I agree with Zucas and Samuel.

Can I have a sewing badge because I don't have enough friends here?

Heck yeah! I'm all for VGChartz Achievements! There should be badges of shame too, muwahahaha. "Oh, this guy has been banned 50 times."

EDIT:  That would actually probably be a very bad idea.  We'd have people competing to get the most badges of shame.  It'd be a mad house.

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

Around the Network
TalonMan said:
Well, I kinda like the idea - I know Gamespot does something like this. It forces people to look in areas of the site they might have missed or possibly don't even know exist. Gets people to poke deeper into some of the functionality we have available and overall, keeps people comin' back for more... :)

...not sure where I can squeeze it on my plate at the moment, but with some good thought and a few of the graphics guys, we could probably get something together. I'll think on it and talk it up with Brett.

WHOO!

What about a "you have made "blahblahblah" in the prediction league badges? It would encourage participation. you could actually do alot around that..

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

yea badges for the prediction league would be really cool. Also badges for the game DB might encourage participation.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

TalonMan said:
Well, I kinda like the idea - I know Gamespot does something like this. It forces people to look in areas of the site they might have missed or possibly don't even know exist. Gets people to poke deeper into some of the functionality we have available and overall, keeps people comin' back for more... :)

...not sure where I can squeeze it on my plate at the moment, but with some good thought and a few of the graphics guys, we could probably get something together. I'll think on it and talk it up with Brett.

You're awesome talonman, this badge idea seems great, we can wait if you are too busy though.

^_^

I think its a great idea. Obviously people should have the choice on whether or not to participate, as some people dont want badges

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot