By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Famitsu was wrong about WKC- 1UP Preview

Xen said:
linkthe2nd said:
I'd trust Famitsu over any western "Game reviewer" Any day.

14/40 (14/40!!!!) Mass Effect

34/40 Haze

I'll trust ANY western publication over Famitsu "reviewers".

Ah - and WKC has a 4/5 on amazon.jp atm. More people rated 5 than rated 1/2. Currently 46 ratings for 5, 30 for 4, 8 for 2, and 11 for 1. Love it or hate it game it seems to me.

http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B000J0R3G0/ref=s9subs_c8_63_at1-rfc_g1_si1?pf_rd_m=AN1VRQENFRJN5&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=0FPM11RFRWZSAE0KR8P7&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=463376756&pf_rd_i=489986

Famitsu never reviewed Mass Effect.  Famitsu only review games that are released in Japan and I don't remember Mass Effect being released in Japan.

It seems the Japanese players overall like WKC a little more than Rogue Galaxy, which had a lot of hate from reviews on amazon.co.jp

Around the Network

the writer must be bias:P

Riachu said:
Xen said:
linkthe2nd said:
I'd trust Famitsu over any western "Game reviewer" Any day.

14/40 (14/40!!!!) Mass Effect

34/40 Haze

I'll trust ANY western publication over Famitsu "reviewers".

Ah - and WKC has a 4/5 on amazon.jp atm. More people rated 5 than rated 1/2. Currently 46 ratings for 5, 30 for 4, 8 for 2, and 11 for 1. Love it or hate it game it seems to me.

http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B000J0R3G0/ref=s9subs_c8_63_at1-rfc_g1_si1?pf_rd_m=AN1VRQENFRJN5&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=0FPM11RFRWZSAE0KR8P7&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=463376756&pf_rd_i=489986

Famitsu never reviewed Mass Effect.  Famitsu only review games that are released in Japan and I don't remember Mass Effect being released in Japan.

It seems the Japanese players overall like WKC a little more than Rogue Galaxy, which had a lot of hate from reviews on amazon.co.jp

How so? it's all over other forums. I've been trying to find a link for that review, but since it's a mag...

Even if it's a wrong claim.. then a 34/40 for Haze is 'nuff said. Maybe it's fake, It seems there are only talks of it but no links.

please give the benefit to Level 5 that WKC is going to be a great game

Eh, I was gonna get it anyways.

Currently playing: Marvel vs. Capcom 3, League of Legends

Around the Network
Legend11 said:
Here're some of the things that 1UP said about Haze in their preview of it:

"What is consistently great, however, is the gameplay and control -- it's already clear that Haze just feels right."

"Perhaps most impressive, though, is the four-player co-op gameplay."

In fairness, they were probably the best elements of the game... Everything else was poor.

PSN - hanafuda

Legend11 said:

"What is consistently great, however, is the gameplay and control -- it's already clear that Haze just feels right."

"Maybe this will be the game to finally elevate Free Radical from "good" to "great""

So lets not get too excited just yet...

The gameplay and control of the Haze were good.  And the four player co-op (only played the demo) was really fun. 

The problem with the game was how un-polished it felt, and simple things being wrong.  At it's core, the game was playable.

"Famitsu was wrong"...

why ?

They had an opinion, 1Up has another... That's all.

DMeisterJ said:
Legend11 said:

"Maybe this will be the game to finally elevate Free Radical from "good" to "great""

So lets not get too excited just yet...

The gameplay and control of the Haze were good. And the four player co-op (only played the demo) was really fun.

The problem with the game was how un-polished it felt, and simple things being wrong. At it's core, the game was playable.

Not to mention the fact that gamers were promised a mature story from Haze.  However, what we got was a story that, in the words of GameTrailers, had the subtlety of a Saturday Morrning cartoon.  Some chessy one liners didn't help.  This is coming from someone who doesn't even know what subtlety is.

If they fix the issues that were mentioned i may consider this game.