By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will the psp hit 100 million units before it stops selling?

Do you guys think the PSP will hit 100 million units before its discontinued?

I dont know if it can, it has a long way too go, and its selling around 12-15million a year.

mM
Around the Network

It needs some more GTA or GT big games outside Japan for that to happen.

I'm gunna say no, I can see Sony releasing a new PSP once the economy is much better.

I think the psp has been a huge success, It can definately sell atleat 60 million before its all set and done.

mM

I wouldn't say huge success, since it was Sony's first loser, but it was pretty much doomed from the start considering it would have never been able to reach the casual market the DS gained.

Well a success in the sense that it is the only handheld to steal market share from nintendo.

mM
Around the Network

I highly doubt it will.

Yea, but was that really Sony's goal? They wanted to take over the handheld market. It's not like they will be in better position when releasing the PSP2, if anything, I think they are in worse position.

Sony really started off strong with the psp.. but they couldnt hold its momentum..I think they are good for the next gen psp though, because they have a fanbase for the handheld market.

mM

I have my doubts, somewhere around 70-80 million seems more realistic.

Pixel Art can be fun.

To me, it's like Sony was the king, and the PSP was going to carry that out on onto a handheld form. I think lots of Playstation fans bought into that idea, and most were disappointed by the turnout. With the brand a lot weaker, I don't think many people will be as eager to jump in, and might view it as a repeat of what the PSP was.

I think the PSP2 has to have some radical changes over the PSP if it is to ever succeed.