By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Recommend a game for me like Ultima Online, but...

...not online.  I like the look of Ultima Online, and a lot of the gameplay - leveling up in different skills. 

Oooh and nothing D&D - those games are not quite what I am talking about.

Any recommendations?

Around the Network

What are you looking for? Something in the same genre or just something with a similar style?

The obvious would be some of the older Ultima titles. Especially 7 and perhaps 6 and 8 as well.

The Diablo series sort of has the looks of Ultima doesn't it?

Hm.. maybe Siege of Avalon is the right thing for you. It has got some Ultima Online charme to it, imho.

http://soaos.sourceforge.net/

Check it out :o

Capulous said:
What are you looking for? Something in the same genre or just something with a similar style?

The obvious would be some of the older Ultima titles. Specially 7 and perhaps 6 and 8 as well.

Same kind (genre), and graphical look/angle.  I played some of the older Ultima Games but they are different from UO.  I have had some people tell me Ultima Offline, but not sure I have the time to set that up.

Around the Network
sethnintendo said:

I had fun with Diablo 1, but 2 bored me to tears.

EPP said:
Hm.. maybe Siege of Avalon is the right thing for you. It has got some Ultima Online charme to it, imho.

http://soaos.sourceforge.net/

Check it out :o

Hmmm interesting thanks.  So it is also online, and free for the first chapter.  Can't they do a game like this offline only though?  Its like I want to play a game like UO that is completely offline.  It should not be too hard for them to port something like that, thats what I think - but I could be wrong.

Hmm, Ultima X was pretty good I believe the other name for it was Ultima Assencion.

Marrow Wind I hear is nice, I was going to say Baldurs Gate but you don't like DnD... though the later Baldurs Gates played similarly to Ultima.

If you want you can download Phantasy Star Blue Burst and play it offline, I'm not certain if the PC version plays offline.

I have another game but it slips my mind.. I remember I could make up entire combos before getting into a fight in that game, then just execute the macro and see what happens.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

dib8rman said:
Hmm, Ultima X was pretty good I believe the other name for it was Ultima Assencion.

Marrow Wind I hear is nice, I was going to say Baldurs Gate but you don't like DnD... though the later Baldurs Gates played similarly to Ultima.

If you want you can download Phantasy Star Blue Burst and play it offline, I'm not certain if the PC version plays offline.

I have another game but it slips my mind.. I remember I could make up entire combos before getting into a fight in that game, then just execute the macro and see what happens.

Thanks.  I have Ultima Ascension.  Okay for a 3D.  I have some of the Baldur's Gate games and they did not do it for me.

I guess I am looking for a casual RPG that is offline, lets me do a lot (like level up mining, blacksmithing, fighting, etc.), that has the overhead 2/3rds view (is that the right camera descript?).  I have tried Phantasy Star in the past.

This sounds like an opportunity for some developer, unless there are few of us interested in this kind of a game.

peanut1972 said:
sethnintendo said:

I had fun with Diablo 1, but 2 bored me to tears.

DIABLO 2, is the best MMO ever created..