By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

ROFL EDIT: Yeah, look into the IP and see if he's dual accounting. I wanna know who it was... it amuses me.

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

Around the Network

Kwaad said: So you say The Wii is for people who dont use the internet heavily etc etc. Yet, now your saying to search the web and do tons and tons of research to find what games are comming to the VC? Make you your nintendo minds. Either A. The nitendo appeals to online people, or it dont. Pick ONE. Dont just keep flip-flopping saying. "But you can find this here." I know where to find the lists. I just asked my wife. She says she has no idea where to find the virtual console game lists. She said "off the Wii? Idunno." Look if you post here. Chances are you would know stuff like that. Duh. My wife is a techie, and she is the one who wanted the Wii the most. And she dont know where to find the upcomming release lists. So hate to say it guys. But obviously what is coming is NOT that well known. My wife said. "No, I sure as f*** dont know." when I asked her what games are comming in the next 2 weeks. So Gotta hand it to you. Everyone knows what is coming on the VC. Hate to say it, but flow has gotten more publicity than any VC game.
I never said the Wii is for people who don't use the internet. Please do not put words into my mouth. I don't know why you or your wife are having so much trouble, maybe the internet is a little too much for you guys to handle. I went to google and typed 'virtual console release dates.' This is what it gave me. However, I usually just check out the VC channel on my Wii whenever I wanna see the latest additions. Maybe I'm just a lot smarter than some people though. I must conclude that you actually haven't tried looking for the data and just used it as an excuse to attempt to troll the Wii, yet again. You are allowed to have an opinion Kwaad, but at least realize that you're going to need to be able to back it up with at least a shred of evidence. Please try to keep the trolling to a minimum. By the way, I would love to see sales figures for Flow vs. the VC top 5. Edit: By the way, Nintendo, as a general rule, doesn't release info about when titles are coming to the VC. Every monday it's a surprise.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. -Mark Twain

2004 Lincoln LSV8 - ~$15,000

K&N Cold Air Intake - $300

Handheld ECU Reprogrammer - $400

The look on a ricer's face when they get their ass beat off the line by a Lincoln - Priceless

I know I brought it up, but its honestly probably better to leave VC talk until after Ninty's March report... We just have a single point of data (1.5 million games sold through the end of December), and a bunch of speculation. In terms of the overall catalog at this point (62 games in NA, including SMB, SMW, SM64, DKC, LoZ, aLttP, OoT, MK64, Sonic1 and Street Fighter 2), I don't think you can say Nintendo has failed to execute... In terms of publicizing the VC... I don't know how much they really have to... They'll just let the VC grow into a huge selling point, and I think that's beginning already...

"[Our former customers] are unable to find software which they WANT to play."
"The way to solve this problem lies in how to communicate what kind of games [they CAN play]."

Satoru Iwata, Nintendo President. Only slightly paraphrased.

@Kwaad How much are PS1 games going to cost when you buy them through the PS3 (they are going to have to charge at least 10 dollars per game)? Are they only playable on a PSP still? Aren't some PS1 games like 700 megs??? There game collection is going to take time to build up (like the VC) because they have to figure out the liscencing and stuff. I am not really sure how anyone could be upset with the VC. The games on there are awesome and they are getting pretty high in number. Super ghost and ghouls just came out and that game is freaking hard (it will last well over one week if you hope to beat it). The VC sells consoles. I can't wait to see how many games were bought on it.

Sintinel said: However, I usually just check out the VC channel on my Wii whenever I wanna see the latest additions. Maybe I'm just a lot smarter than some people though.
That's what I do. There are so many games out, I don't really care about worrying about games that are NOT out yet. Just boot-up the shopping channel, and go from there! BTW - had a retro urge, and bought 3 VC titles last night: - Original Zelda - Original Mario - Original Sonic Started with Mario... its speed is actually way off. Feels odd to me ;) Still love it, remember where almost everything is. Got up to 8-2 before losing a life (and played through 1-1...4-2 without skipping). Then played some Sonic. Never really got into this game, several things about it just don't make much sense to me. Played up to world 2, and got bored. Then I booted up Zelda1... wow. I didn't play anything else for the whole night. I love this game **so** much!! Its really, really hard... there is a lot to explore, its hard to find secrets... money actually has a REAL meaning/use. Its just great - can't wait to burn off a couple more hours tonight :) (I don't think we have a Link to the Past yet... :P). ... All in all, it was a great night of gaming... and topped it off with the latest episode of Heroes (Parasite), and then some NSMB before bed. Pure gaming bliss

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Around the Network

There have been Wiis sitting at Target for the last week. Maybe they are finally making more units and getting production in order. Regardless, you can get one if you look.

Stromprophet said: There have been Wiis sitting at Target for the last week. Maybe they are finally making more units and getting production in order. Regardless, you can get one if you look.
I'm not too sure the Wii is generally available yet but I expect the worst of the drought is over (being that Nintendo has been upping production and claimed it should become more availabe in April).

Stromprophet said: There have been Wiis sitting at Target for the last week. Maybe they are finally making more units and getting production in order. Regardless, you can get one if you look.
That's seriously news: I bet if you had documentary evidence (i.e. photos) they'd be all over the internet in an hour

I think it depends on your area. Btw, not that it actually matters as fact, but Itracker.com reports Wii @ 13% availability.

Nobody is crazy enough to accuse me of being sane.

vanguardian1 said: Stromprophet said: There have been Wiis sitting at Target for the last week. Maybe they are finally making more units and getting production in order. Regardless, you can get one if you look. I think it depends on your area. Btw, not that it actually matters as fact, but Itracker.com reports Wii @ 13% availability.
Itracker is pretty accurate. Especially for Target. I was able to immediately find a Wii before Christmas using it.