By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - First day sales of WKC, when will we know?

it's big in japan, but not in the same way. Mostly just for atmosphere not to get together with families and not for religious reasons. It's mostly just a holiday for couples.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Around the Network

it's not EXACTLY 100, it's a few more.
So i say like star scream 125-150 first day.
I think it's like phantasy star zero, not if big that expected.

tombi123 said:
Kasz216 said:
tombi123 said:
So 100,000 first day. Although it was released on christmas day which must decrease the amount of people going to the shops and buying this surely?

180K first week...?

Like... .6% of their country is christian...  As in slightly over half of one percent.

I mean they do stuff for X-mas.  But it's not anywhere near anything that should stop people going out or anything.

It's like Cinco De Mayo in the US or something.

Oh really. I knew it wasn't as big as it is in the west, but I didn't realise it was that much smaller lol.

Yeah i know, it's confusing considering how much they seem to love using Christianity in stuff.

Kasz216 said:
tombi123 said:
So 100,000 first day. Although it was released on christmas day which must decrease the amount of people going to the shops and buying this surely?

180K first week...?

Like... .6% of their country is christian...  As in slightly over half of one percent.

I mean they do stuff for X-mas.  But it's not anywhere near anything that should stop people going out or anything.

even most athiest in the US celebrate their own form of Cmas.... I think Cmas and holidays around have become a WW time of celebrating. Not everywhere, but it is not just a Christian Holiday.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Around the Network
fabkazuya said:
it's not EXACTLY 100, it's a few more.
So i say like star scream 125-150 first day.
I think it's like phantasy star zero, not if big that expected.

Agreed.

phantasy star zero looked so awesome, i thought it was going to be huge but it says about 50k first day.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

bigjon said:
Kasz216 said:
tombi123 said:

180K first week...?

even most athiest in the US celebrate their own form of Cmas.... I think Cmas and holidays around have become a WW time of celebrating. Not everywhere, but it is not just a Christian Holiday.

If you were around and everyone else was getting kickass gifts wouldn't you want to get in on that?

I always felt bad for kids who's parents didn't celebrate Chrismas or Hannakuh or another "get stuff" holiday.

That first couple weeks back in school must be brutal.

johnsobas said:
phantasy star zero looked so awesome, i thought it was going to be huge but it says about 50k first day.

Yeah, according to the site, it's apparently in the 40-50k range. Hopefully the actual numbers are a bit higher since that'd be horrible. Just for comparison, Phantasy Star Portable -  a mere port, sold 217k on day one. And it didn' even have online infrastrature like PSZ.