By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Never played Animal Crossing, will I enjoy AC:CF?

LOL
glad to not be the only one.
I thought I was the only one.
I mean I like Sims 2 for PC. They're great but ridiculously endless.
I came across about mods sometime ago and it totally crashed my games.

*sigh*
Hadn't played it for almost a year now

I'm hoping AC:CF will turn me back onto playing simulation games again
I've seen commercials of it but it seems to be directed at real casual gamers and female teens-adults... so obvioulsy the commercial didn't captivate me.

Although, Wii Speak was able to capture my attention

Around the Network

@silverlunar777
So is it true about this real-time feature?
How does that work exactly?

Yes the game read your Wii clockand calender (you can change the time and date if you want) and determate the time and date, it is 01:11 am here and about an hour ago Jingle visited the village! (it also has real life holidays in it!) *check my post in the official thread if you are corious*

^^^ This is what you get for blowing a rumor out of proportion

Chocobo brain damage!!! Here, drink this diet Coke..*runs*

Currently playing :

VC - Ogre Battle March of the Black Queen
Wii - New Super Mario Bros. Wii
DS - Glory of Heracels

Yes. The main problem with the game, the lack of originality, is negated because its your first AC. Go for it.

Well, since you say you never played an AC game before then its the perfect to dive deep into City Folk since everything will be new to you.

BUT, I recommend renting it first.

Animal Crossing is NOT a typical game. Its a "life simulation" game in which YOU determine how the game progresses. You can design new patters and use them for clothes or for mural design, you can collect furniture and decorate your house however you want it, you can plant flowers, catch bugs, go fishing, dig for fossils, interact with your neighbors, participate in monthly events and, most importantly, share the experience with up to four people, locally or online.

So there's definitely a lot to do. But since there's no real goal I don't know if it will be your kind of thing so again I recommend renting it, playing it for an hour or so and then decide if you want to explore further.

Around the Network

Now we are getting some good info, thanks guys and keep um coming if you have something to add.

My Tag: 2 Timothy 3:1

Jesus Christ is the ONLY way to Heaven! (John14:6)

Every second 2 people die . . . What if this is your second? 

www.goodpersontest.com

Damn, see I always thought simulation games had a goal to be met and then "BOOM" you beat the game. That's how I figured they were like, but since its a on going experience then there is no absolute reason for me to own the previous versions if the Wii version is the definite one to buy.

I will certainly be adding this game to my list of must own Wii games. And should I avoid the Gamecube and NDS incarnations. Since they provide nothing new to the mix?

Animal Crossing is like the Seinfeld of video games. There really is no point, other than to be.

The clock works 24-7, with different weather and events happening every day. The major difference between this and the Sims, is that in the Sims the clock works against you, in Animal Crossing you are working more with the clock.

Item collecting, and making your town are the main "goals", beyond interacting with the townsfolk and online friends.

The very first time I fired up Animal Crossing on the Gamecube, I thought I had just wasted 50 dollars on the worst thing ever made. It didn't meet my known criteria for what "made" a game, and I was completely at a loss. I played it a little more though that day, and after exercising with my little animal friends the game began working it's charm on me.

The next thing I knew, I, like all of my friends at the time, became hardcore A.C. addicts. There was hardly a day for over a year that I didn't log onto the game for at least 20 minutes.

And I still go check out what's happening, from time to time, on the old Gamecube version. (Not to mention the other two versions for the DS and Wii, now.)

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/43105.html

http://www.shanepeters.com/

http://shanepeters.deviantart.com/

Achievement is its own reward, pride only obscures.

HATING OPHELIA- Coming soon from Markosia Comics!

xlost7 said:
Damn, see I always thought simulation games had a goal to be met and then "BOOM" you beat the game. That's how I figured they were like, but since its a on going experience then there is no absolute reason for me to own the previous versions if the Wii version is the definite one to buy.

I will certainly be adding this game to my list of must own Wii games. And should I avoid the Gamecube and NDS incarnations. Since they provide nothing new to the mix?

Well, it's hard to say. I have all three, but they are really very similar. The main reason to get A.C. on the Cube would be to play the 25+ NES games that you can collect, from Super Mario Bros.,  and Punch Out, to Zelda.

Beyond that, there's not much need to own it. But it's 9.99 used, if you can find it.

http://www.shanepeters.com/

http://shanepeters.deviantart.com/

Achievement is its own reward, pride only obscures.

HATING OPHELIA- Coming soon from Markosia Comics!

@Shanobi

Well Gamestop in America is selling the game for $20. Crazy right? The game is old, I guess its a rare game which goes at a rare price.

I will be picking up the Wii version sometime later in 2009. Thanks for the info :)
I'm beginning to like simulation games again. If only EA would release Sims 3.