By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii 2; When Will it Be? What Will it Be?

2013, and will be 4 GameCubes strapped together.

Around the Network
haxxiy said:
2013, and will be 4 GameCubes strapped together.

You wish

Heres my take.

Nintendo is changing their model. In everything. They have moved from the movie model to the TV model. So we are likely to see Wii2 sooner rather than later. Probably within the standard 5 year mark. Their next itteration will be more like the iPod than say a video game console

Price will stay the same.

Will come as a bundle.

The "Sensor bar" will include Wiispeak and minicam techonolgy.

The Wii will have software to bring in the farther reaches of the market(DSi)

Wiimote will be the Wiimote plus maybe a mic and some ergonomic changes.

It will have a much larger flash ram. 2gb or more, depening on price. Right now I can get a 2GB for $15. That was 3 months ago.

It will continue to use DVD. Unless BR goes super cheap.

Ultimatly the Wii2 will expand to the distant market and be more appealing as everyone machine without directly moving as a the home PC.

BC goes without question considering the MoBo design won't change only increase the components. That means more TEV and not a standard shader :(

The USB will be used for more every day items, like the cellphone. Same with the BT.

I'm hoping though that we will see a single FC system though.

Also as a note. Nintendo will not spend more money to make the console as it does on the Wii release. Instead it will upgrade the components and system equal to the price of the techonolgy for the time period. There won't be multi SKU or mutli Wii types so that people make sure know it's the same.

As a figurative example. If Nintendo pays $40 for it's PPC cpu right now which is single core. They will pay the same $40 in 20XX for whatever it will be. So probably multi core. This will be interesting considering the PPC will likely incorporate Cell cpu design.

Squilliam: On Vgcharts its a commonly accepted practice to twist the bounds of plausibility in order to support your argument or agenda so I think its pretty cool that this gives me the precedent to say whatever I damn well please.

^IMO, I doubt any company will violate the 5 year rule this gen. There is no reason for Nintendo to draw attention away from a product that is still selling so well in its third year.

Consumers are so sensitive that even if they can perceive two products extremely differently even if there is a slight name difference (e.g. PS2 and PS3).

My collection of guides on GameFAQs: Read them here

My latest guide on GameFAQs, for Little King's Story! Read it here 

I think there'll be no Wii 2 anytime soon and I dont think it should be discussed either, maybe a different model like the DS but thats it.

The wii was too popular for Nintendo to make another console. The wii will either cannibalized the new console like PS2 did with the PS3 or vice versa...

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

Around the Network

Too early to start thinking about Wii2. not for a good 3 years anyways.

The next Wii is going to be a soccer ball. You kick it, throw it, bounce it on your head, etc. It's literally going to be a console with an actual soccer ball as the controller, and you have to take it outside to play with it. Nintendo has another hit on their hands!