By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Playstation 3 needs a lot of strong IPs

I know one of you guys are going to say they already have Little Big Planet and Uncharted. However, when I mean "strong", I mean fast selling titles. IPs that would slighty increase PS3 sales and have good first week sales worldwide. I feel that the Playstation series has lost a lot of good exclusive IPs like Crash, Spyro, and others over the past two generations. I think not only if the IPs have huge sales but it will increase Playstation causal fanbase. As you know, PS3 mostly has a hardcore fanbase. Uncharted, Valykria Chronicles, and Little Big Planet seem to be the only good exclusive IPs. That still doesn't help Playstation gain back the huge casual fanbase they once had. Not to say they don't have one at all? But, they just need a lot of good exclusives that are not only shooting games, but good quality action/adventure games. PS3 defintely needs the advantage at this point and no I am not saying they are doomed but they need some more good quality games. I just hope that in 2009, I will  see some new and strong IPs that will stay exclusive to the PS3. Since the PS3  basically got "screwed" by third parties, who decided to go multiplatform with every title the developers release. Not to mention the fact they lost an huge exclusive. Not just any exclusive, but probably the best RPG series this gaming industry has ever seen(Final Fantasy series). Anyway, I just hope to see some more IPs and more adventure games, instead of the casaul fanbase of the PS3 being dominated by hardcore gamers.

TO GOD BE THE GLORY

Around the Network

Right, Snake, ring up Sony and read them that paragraph. That outta move things along

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

kowenicki said:
Cant see why anyone would now plan to produce a 3rd party exclusive for the PS3. Commercial suicide.

Yeah I agree, games as MGS4 totally flopped on PS3.....WHAT WAS HIDEO KOJIMA THINKING???

Little big planet is a strong ip, its gotten GOTY awards all over the place

same with Metal gear solid 4

the ps3 has the games, its just people dont know it, because sony has a retarded marketing campaign.

mM

@leo-j, your partially correct. It's not that people don't know, its because people don't understand. Sony has recently been getting bad publicity. The reason why PS3 is not doing well is because people expected it better than they thought it would be. When the PS3 was released, people expected it to twice as better than the PS2 (mostly because the PS2 was so successful). Well, unfortunately the price kind of messed up everything. Also, Little Big Planet can be nominated for any award. It still doesn't change the facts. Sony still needs more good IPs. Little Big Planet can't be the only game to get the job done.

TO GOD BE THE GLORY

Around the Network

Another huge problem is for the past two years, there has only been one exclusive ps3 game to sell more than a million copies worldwide and that's Metal Gear Solid 4.

TO GOD BE THE GLORY

@CGI-Quality, you right it is mostly the price that is causing the problem and MGS4 was a huge exclusive IP. However, there needs to be more good exclusive adventure games.

TO GOD BE THE GLORY

Sony needs to advertise their IPs more, thats the problem. Ive still seen not one single resistance 2 advert in the UK. NOT ONE

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

@colonelstubbs, Sony needs to advertise the PS3 better. @CGI-Quality, a price drop would not only help software sales but hardware sales in a huge way, especially in europe.

TO GOD BE THE GLORY

@CGI, what's QFT?

TO GOD BE THE GLORY