By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Resistance 2 impressions

Online with 40+ players sounds like chaos just like any other game, so no need for that many people.

PREDICTIONS:
(Predicted on 5/31/11) END of 2011 Sales - Xbox 360 = 62M;  PS3 = 59M;  Wii = 97M

Around the Network

@Zomb

its 60 players lol, and its hella fun

mM

@Zomb

I have no idea what your on about :P The 60 player modes are amazing matches!!! They start you out with the standard objective based goals, which are enhanced a TON with smaller battles waging all over the map :P, then towards the end of the match, they try to pull everyone closer to the center for an all out war, weapon setups become less ranged, and the intensity cranks up to 11 >: ) It's simply amazing!!! and quite breathtaking if you get to see it from an elevated sniping point ^_^

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

ChronotriggerJM said:
@Zomb

I have no idea what your on about :P The 60 player modes are amazing matches!!! They start you out with the standard objective based goals, which are enhanced a TON with smaller battles waging all over the map :P, then towards the end of the match, they try to pull everyone closer to the center for an all out war, weapon setups become less ranged, and the intensity cranks up to 11 >: ) It's simply amazing!!! and quite breathtaking if you get to see it from an elevated sniping point ^_^

From personal experience, though, no one really follows these objectives.. or the majority don't, at least.  On a Capture match, everyone was basically just doing their own thing.  The idea is great, and if people followed it, it would be great, but the reality is that the average PS3 user is not competent enough to work cohesively in a squad with strangers, or even with friends.  They have too much of the "be a hero by myself" nature.  Also, the matches are not just 60 player.  They vary between 20-60 depending on how many people connected right away.  I was in lots of 26 player or 32 player and 44 player matches.

I just don't think the hardcore gaming crowd is ready for this type of scale.  If the squad system was a bit more forced, it would be better, but since you can completely ignore the small side objectives.... just my two cents.  Still very fun!!!  I just think the smaller matches will be more my thing.

@Night, you might have just gotten a handful of more chaotic games then ^_^ The majority of the ones I play in have a pretty well paced gameplay. Often times you'll see other groups join yours, and while it might feel like it's just people doing they're own thing, many times it's the computer telling them to help you defend something :P

Sometimes however, you will get the groups who only seem to care about killing and or sniping, and well... it's a damn shame xD I just have to get on my mic and bitch them out >: )

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

Around the Network

lol