By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How to make a game look like a total flop

Step 1 - Release game

Step 2 - Put out game in store shelves at launch

Step 3 - Pull game from shelves before the holiday season

WTF am I talking about? Let me briefly explain. I was at Toys R Us last night, looking to pick up Tiger Woods All Play for my dad. I couldnt find it. In fact, I couldnt even find the placeholder for it. To go further, I couldn't find ANY EA sports games for the Wii on the shelves, NOR placeholders to show they were sold out.

Considering how many people use Toys R Us as their game supplier, I find it really odd that EA would allow this lack of product to occur within 4 months of the all-play series release. This will surely hinder good results for sales of the All Play games. Can't sell what's not available to the customer.

Anyone else notice a lack of these games on the shelves?

Around the Network

no, it's mainly the demographic.

^^^ that doesnt make sense. TRU HAD these games when they launched.

bardicverse said:
^^^ that doesnt make sense. TRU HAD these games when they launched.

I don't see ToysRus as a sports junkies shop of choice. It is possible that it sold very poorly there, and ToysRus decided to not carry the game any more.

You can easily find it at Walmart, Target, and lots of other stores, so no big deal at all. Now, if you were complaining cause you couldn't find it anywhere, then I would agree with EA being stupid. Zack & Wiki is still available in stores, yet ToysRus clearanced it like 5 months ago.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

^^^ Fair nuff. It just seems weird that EA wouldnt push for more visibility. After all, it is on the head of the publisher to maintain product visibility. I guess maybe they just see other stores as more viable places for their titles. All the same, I wonder how many potential sales are lost by this lack of supply.

Around the Network

Well in britian, you dont get games pulled from shelves. We know how to sell them baby

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Probably just sold out. I had a similar problem with CoDWaW on Wii with 7 stores being totally sold out (one's distributor was also totally out). Worse is that Activision is advertising the Wii version so it's stupid they didn't put enough stock out to meet demand.

Did you ask Toys-r-us? They tend to keep some games in the back or in hidden areas and are used to being asked where games are.

Oh, and the game isn't a flop.  Tiger Woods sells best on Wii.

Tired of big government?
Want liberty in your lifetime?
Join us @
http://www.freestateproject.org

bardicverse said:
^^^ Fair nuff. It just seems weird that EA wouldnt push for more visibility. After all, it is on the head of the publisher to maintain product visibility. I guess maybe they just see other stores as more viable places for their titles. All the same, I wonder how many potential sales are lost by this lack of supply.

considering the only other alternatives are

1) last years edition
2) a different platform
3) some kiddy looking golf game that doen't have brand recognition

I'm going to guess that they haven't really lost any significat amount of sales, as most people go to Walmart/Target on top of going to ToysRus.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

or they could be like my local Best Buy

Mushroom Men:spore wars for Wii.

instock-according to their website

Zero copies on the floor, ALL of them are inthe back, the employees there have YET to bring any to the floor. i had to ask them about it,

best buy employee " can i help you find anything?"

me "mushroom men for the wii- you have it in stock, none on the counter, it's probably still sitting out back on the stock shelves still"

employee looks at me weirdly, goes to computer,,, and goes, ya its out back...and Comes back with ONE copy of the game and hands to me.

i go, umm you know it's hard to Sell games if the shoppers don't see it on the shelf, they Assume you do not have it in stock, why didn't you grab all the copies and put on shelf the excess

employee- not my job to work the wii counter stock.

idiot.