By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Fans, will you trade the Wiimote for Horsepower?

It's the software, not the remote. As for HD graphics? They've made the present game development business model pretty much unsustainable. So, all in all, I'm pretty happy with the Wii as it is. Better that than an industry-wide collapse, right?

the2bears - the indie shmup blog
Around the Network
LordTheNightKnight said:
"only a few third party games sell."

Wrong. NPD showed a report proving Wii third parties are selling extremely well.

Is this the chart you are talking about? http://gonintendo.com/?p=66193

All I can see is Wii Fit, Wii play, and Mario Kart, Wii Music, and Animal Crossing. Guess what, they are by Nintendo. And the cusual friendly music games of Guitar Heo and Rock Band. So what other third party games that are not by Nntendo or include a plastic Guitar sell on Wii? 

So the point of your thread wasn't to know our opinion, but to say all that negative stuff of the Wii?

scottie said:
I wont go into too much detail because it's off topic, but games like GTA4 aren't on the Wii because when they were being made, it was still assumed that the Wii would sell 18 million end of gen sales

Dragon Quest X is Wii exclusive, and Kingdom Hearts 3 should follow. Even games like GTA5 should hit the Wii (not exclusive) because its marketshare is growing so rapidly, and developers are starting to recognise this

Your one of those guys that belive that a KH3 will happen this gen to eh? lol.

RayRay102 said:
I like the wii very much but as a hardcore gamer with a HD TV, I want blockbuster type of experience.

I kind of regret trading in my wii for a PS3 because I love Mario Kart sooo much. But it is kind going back to standard graphics after all the HD games I have.

But I just may buy a wii again when a new Zelda or Dragon Quest game comes out.

Did you have any blockbuster type experiences with the XBOX, GC or PS2?

Around the Network

The DS had a similar stigma, "only nintendo games sell on their platforms" that's a cop out if I ever heard one. Also the "fad" talk was around during the NES' reign also. Just recently Take-Two was commenting on how they just can't ignore Wii's install base. The thing about the Wii is that every one thought it was going to be a failure, analysts, third parties etc. and some still want it to fail, for whatever reason. Now that it's past the "fad" stage the third parties will come in droves, either that or they go the way of Factor Five and Free Radical. There have been facts that disprove this idea that third party games don't sell on Wii, I wonder why this attitude still persists.

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

I've been playing 1080p games since the 90's, resolution isn't everything.

Also, who cares about RE5? Have you ever paid attention to the story in a RE game? They're so bad it's almost good. Just FYI, even comic book fans and furries look down on hardcore gamers.

PC + Wii owners unite.  Our last-gen dying platforms have access to nearly every 90+ rated game this gen.  Building a PC that visually outperforms PS360 is cheap and easy.    Oct 7th 2010 predictions (made Dec 17th '08)
PC: 10^9
Wii: 10^8

fazz said:
So the point of your thread wasn't to know our opinion, but to say all that negative stuff of the Wii?

Of course not. I even said I love Mario Kart and regretting in trading it for a PS3.

But you gotta fight fire with fire. Someone said Wii is not for Casual and went on to say all current Third party games for PS3 and 360 will be on Wii. I am just countering their arguments.

Like I said in my original post, if the Wii was as powerful as the 360, Nintendo could be enjoying games like GTA4, Fallout 3, Resident Evil 5, and etc... and all or most of you clearly said that you would rather have the wiimote. So, that is what the Wii is missing because it doesn't have the horsepower to run these third party games. But the wiimote is pretty innovative I would say.

yup. I'd gladly give up motion controls for a chance to play Wii Sports in HD. The Mii's would look so crisp!

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

NO