By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Fans, will you trade the Wiimote for Horsepower?

Phendrana said:
No, but I wouldn't complain if it also had HD graphics.

Seconded.

Around the Network

why are you even asking this question? if i wanted a mega powerful system with traditinal controls, i would have abought a xbox 360 or a ps3, but i don't, so i bought the wii.

i liked the wii because it is different. we don't need 3 mega powerful systems trying to kill each other, 2 is enough.

come try out the computer game i've been working on for my high school senior project, titled sling ball. http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=47568

brawl friendcode - 3823-8201-9151

mario kart wii friendcode - 0387-9491-4552

PM me if you add me plz.

150vg$ bet(with haggy) mk wii 2009 worldwide sales > any 360/ps3 game released in 2009.

current mk wii worldwide sales (jan 9th): 553k

Nope, I have a PC for that.

not a chance...in fact i will not play another FPS unless it controls by wiimote or mouse and keyboard... duel analog for FPS is ancient history for me..and thats just one example..

No, I don't want HD. It would make my games too expensive, and development costs would be too high for smaller games like No More Heroes and stuff. The cheap development is why the Wii has such a diverse exclusive library.

Around the Network

Console kiddies don't really understand resolution. I can emulate Zelda for N64 in 1080p, I could even use the high-res texture pack that's been made for the emu, but it's not going to drastically change the game.   

When console kiddies talk about "HD" I think they're trying to refer to visual effects like bloom lighting, bump mapping, shaders and so on, especially since many of their favorite games (GTA IV, Halo, etc.) aren't technically high-def and run well below 720p.

PC + Wii owners unite.  Our last-gen dying platforms have access to nearly every 90+ rated game this gen.  Building a PC that visually outperforms PS360 is cheap and easy.    Oct 7th 2010 predictions (made Dec 17th '08)
PC: 10^9
Wii: 10^8

frybread said:

Console kiddies don't really understand resolution. I can emulate Zelda for N64 in 1080p, I could even use the high-res texture pack that's been made for the emu, but it's not going to drastically change the game.   

When console kiddies talk about "HD" I think they're trying to refer to visual effects like bloom lighting, bump mapping, shaders and so on, especially since many of their favorite games (GTA IV, Halo, etc.) aren't technically high-def and run well below 720p.

Meh, 1600p is where it's at.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!