By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - I hate you Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm

So I've been hearing pretty good things about Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm.  I heard the fighting wasn't bad at all and the game looked gorgeous.  I remember I played one of the games and liked it save for a few nasties so I decided to give this one a go.

I turn it on and I'm blown away by how great it looks.  I start the game and I get dialogue box after dialogue box but soldier on through all that stuff and eventually find my way to one of the training missions that lets me fight Takashi.

Once I figured out what the buttons did, it was fun!  It's a neat combat system and I think I like it.

So I finish that ready to move onto my next story mission...but I need a certain amount of experience first.

Bah, so I guess I have to do all those extra free missions.  It was inevitable I suppose so I do the only one I can-- an S Rank mission where I have to try every kind of ramen soup.  The problem is I need materials to try these soups and I need to try the soups to unlock the rest of the soups to finish the mission. 

So it looks like there's no way I'm going to finish that mission right away, I guess that's why it's an S rank mission.  I do find some flowers for one girl but that wasn't a mission so fuck me I guess.  At this point, I walk around the starting area because there must be a mission somewhere near there to get the 5 lousy experience I need, right?

Right?

Wrong.

I walk all around that freaking town and finally find some bimbo that gives me 3 D Rank missions.  Sweet!  These are D Rank so they must be a breeze, right?

Hohohp, wrong again jackass!

The first mission is to play the game for two hours.  Yes, playing the game for two hours is a mission even though it continues to keep track of play time while you're browsing the menus. 

Two hours?  Really?  You expect me to play that long before I get anywhere in the story missions?  No, of course not, that just must be a throw mission and the other two must be doable in less than two hours.

So I look at the next mission-- take 5000 steps.  I silently curst whoever thought this must be a good idea and look at my next D-Rank mission.

Break 200 objects.  The hell-- do you think that's fucking enough!?  Jesus people, I just want to play the story mode, not aimlessly run around this village for two hours breaking everything in site.  It's good fun 15 fucking minutes but not two hours.  Let me play the damn story missions, not dick around this lifeless village for 2 hours.

So at this point I'm angry and start running around the village breaking everything in site.  I'm now pretty sure I've been everywhere in this village and there are no more missions.

Yes, they expect me to either play the game for two hours, take 5000 steps, or break 200 objects before I actually get on with the game.  Fuck you whoever thought this was a good idea.

So no I sit here typing this up with my analog stick pressed forward trying to work off my 5000 steps and 2 hours play time.

Ignoring the terribly slow camera, odd city controls, and horribly slow movement speed while carring an object, this game already went from really excited to I fucking hate it.

Please someone that has played the game tell me I'm missing something somewhere.

Around the Network

Lmao! nice post twes. XD poor NUNS... O_o

Twest hates everything

blazinhead89 said:
Twest hates everything

First home now this. why does he own a PS3 anyway? >_>

there are more missions you can do..have you looked at your map? =/ those are passive missions, missions you get not even noticing. There are other missions in S-D rank that give you mission XP to play the story..do the updates on PSN at least and itll give you a few missions in S rank.

Around the Network

Well I haven't played the PS3 Naruto yet, but I can safely say the 360 counterparts are the best of the best using the Naruto name.

Actually surprisly UbiSoft created the 360 Naruto's and those have more depth than what your explaining from the PS3 Naruto.

I would advise you to check those out instead of this game. I mean I haven't played it but I however did play the demo and the fighting system is on point. The only aspect I didn't play was the story mode mission structure if its anything as you stated above then I'm avoiding it.

Quick we need someone in here that actually played this game to give twesterm some insight.

And its not Takashi twesterm, its Kakashi.

Shouldn't have to do one of those Twes. You need to look on the map and find people that give you quests. The ones you mention will get done at some point, but they are not necessary to progress through the game. Don't worry, when I first saw it I made the same assumption you did.

Oh, to hell with this game.

I get the damn 5000 steps, it gives me another mission (C-Rank this time, woohoo) that tells me to take 12000 steps. Whatever, I'm sure I'll get that in the all the time it takes me to do those awesome story missions I've been dying to do.

I do the story mission and guess what, I need more experience to continue playing the game so guess what I gotta do!

...only 6373 steps to go.

Torillian said:
Shouldn't have to do one of those Twes. You need to look on the map and find people that give you quests. The ones you mention will get done at some point, but they are not necessary to progress through the game. Don't worry, when I first saw it I made the same assumption you did.

I've talked to everyone I've seen and I've walked all over this map.  I gave the one girl some flowers and that didn't do anything for me but let me try some more ramen.  Other than that, I've found some shop keepers but nothing else that gives me missions or experience.  I keep an eye out on my mini map but haven't found anything.

twesterm said:
Torillian said:

I've talked to everyone I've seen and I've walked all over this map.  I gave the one girl some flowers and that didn't do anything for me but let me try some more ramen.  Other than that, I've found some shop keepers but nothing else that gives me missions or experience.  I keep an eye out on my mini map but haven't found anything.

You're definintely missing something.  Or something has gone severely wrong with your game.