By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - There's an 'exploit' on the website; redirecting you.

This is one of the worse site in terms of security and messing up your computer and some of us have been complaining for a while but nothing seems to change...

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Around the Network

I love FF with NoScript + Ad Block Plus. :)
I haven't had any problems.

I use ad block plus with VGCHARTZ because if i don't all the ads and scripts and crap make the browsing experience too slow anyhow.

PSN ID: TheSimkin

GamerTag: TheSimkin

WII friend Code: 0002 7972 4522 2681

KylieDog said:
nordlead said:
Daddo Splat said:
havent seen anything myself yet running popup blockers and virus software thou. can a Ps3 get a virus in its browser?????

Theoretically yes, but no viruses have been written for the PS3 (and probably never will). So the real answer is no, only Windows will pick up a virus, as the viruses are written for Windows

I actually e-mail Sony about this a while ago because to made squads in Battlefield: BC you need remove firewall protection.

I don't have the e-mail anymore but the reply said that the PS3 is vunerable to certain attacks (didn't go into -any- detail) and did not recommend it.

Attacks != viruses. For example, The PS3 might be succeptable to Ping of Death (which would be stupid, since we've known about that one forever) these attacks don't take control of the PS3, but they would cause it to crash.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Ail said:
This is one of the worse site in terms of security and messing up your computer and some of us have been complaining for a while but nothing seems to change...

rather than just complain, try providing the information I suggested in a post earlier in the thread.

The ultimate solution is to get the site funded complete by the game specific ads, and the VGChartz store. But sadly, not to many people buy from VGChartz (even though they do buy from Amazon, which is the same) and people use adblock which prevents the game specific ads from getting enough clicks.

If neither of those two revenue streams take off, then ioi will be forced to continue to use the crappy generic ads for free ipods.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Around the Network
Brett said:
Ail said:

Because we don't know what the problem is...

I've personally never had an issue at all but that seems to be down to being based in the UK suggesting that it is ad related. Problem is that all of our ads should be safe as far as I am concerned and the direct control is out of my hands unless I can go to our providers with some specifics as to which ad is causing the problem

So use ad block pro, reduce your risk of getting an internet std!

PSN ID: TheSimkin

GamerTag: TheSimkin

WII friend Code: 0002 7972 4522 2681

DaSimkin said:
Brett said:
Ail said:

Because we don't know what the problem is...

I've personally never had an issue at all but that seems to be down to being based in the UK suggesting that it is ad related. Problem is that all of our ads should be safe as far as I am concerned and the direct control is out of my hands unless I can go to our providers with some specifics as to which ad is causing the problem

So use ad block pro, reduce your risk of getting an internet std!

Some one had to...