By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - There's an 'exploit' on the website; redirecting you.

Everytime that I'm on the site to look at a thread or just anything, I get a pop-up message telling me that I am being redirected to another site. This has happened to me at least 6 times. The 3rd time I was directed to a site that caused me to have a 'virus-scan' and I absolutely COULD NOT get out of it unless I brought up the Task Manager to close my web browser. It scared the crap out of me and I'm now very wary on coming to this site for awhile.

It might have to do with that Internet Explorer exploit/bug, but it's happened on my FireFox the 5th time for redirecting me.

So, has this happened to anyone else besides me??

Around the Network

I got the same thing, my computer is all messed up now. My computer wants to virus scan, programs want to access the internet. Internet Explorer opens up by itself with pop-ups, even though I'm using Firefox.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence

I;ve been redirected a bunch too, and had to clear out a nasty virus.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

One time it shut off my anti-virus program and I had to turn it back on. Now it shows the red shield with an X in it, saying "Windows Security Alerts"

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence

Same here man your not alone, its happend a bucnh of times on VG.

Thats why i dont go to VGChartz using my PS3 browser lol not safe. :D

Around the Network

ditto here, my comp was screwed up for a while

"Pier was a chef, a gifted and respected chef who made millions selling his dishes to the residents of New York City and Boston, he even had a famous jingle playing in those cities that everyone knew by heart. He also had a restaurant in Los Angeles, but not expecting LA to have such a massive population he only used his name on that restaurant and left it to his least capable and cheapest chefs. While his New York restaurant sold kobe beef for $100 and his Boston restaurant sold lobster for $50, his LA restaurant sold cheap hotdogs for $30. Initially these hot dogs sold fairly well because residents of los angeles were starving for good food and hoped that the famous name would denote a high quality, but most were disappointed with what they ate. Seeing the success of his cheap hot dogs in LA, Pier thought "why bother giving Los Angeles quality meats when I can oversell them on cheap hotdogs forever, and since I don't care about the product anyways, why bother advertising them? So Pier continued to only sell cheap hotdogs in LA and was surprised to see that they no longer sold. Pier's conclusion? Residents of Los Angeles don't like food."

"The so-called "hardcore" gamer is a marketing brainwashed, innovation shunting, self-righteous idiot who pays videogame makers far too much money than what is delivered."

I think that I got a two trojans from here on my main computer. Anybody know a good program to remove them?

its happened to me too, but i wasnt affected by any virus as i use safari on OSX. It is mighty annoying though for it to come up when im browsing the site.

F@ck Ubisoft and their commitment to Wii shovelware.

I was redirected some talking website about ringtons, and couldn't leave or start a new tab untill I clicked damn pop-ups to get it to go away.

Wtf is someone hacking VGChartz!? this picture is at the bottom now...

...wtf...?