By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii + Left 4 Dead = OMFG, right?

Have fun with 10 enimies on screen at a time whereas 360 has hordes of 50-100 rushing you!

PREDICTIONS:
(Predicted on 5/31/11) END of 2011 Sales - Xbox 360 = 62M;  PS3 = 59M;  Wii = 97M

Around the Network

Did you ever play Metroid Prime 3? If it looked that good, it would still be one of the better looking games of the year on any platform.

And MP3 had the best first person shooter controls I've played on a console and a solid 60fps.

Controls would probably be well implemented, most everything else would fall on its face. Versus mode simply would not work for local play... at all. Since Left 4 dead completely fails at being a good or engaging experience when played alone, a Wii game that *requires* online to get a good experience would be a tough sell indeed. Having to add people (friend codes) to play online would add a layer of annoyance, while simultaneously removing the ability to jump online for a quick game. The only way this could work on the Wii would be 4 player local.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

I do not think so, Valve has not done any other ports to the Wii, and let me tell you I could see Portal before L4D, considering that there is much less movement and only one Sprite(unless you count the multiple you's) in Portal, and I think demand would be high as well.

So maby after they start with some of their older games?

L4D on the Wii would actually kickass. I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

Around the Network

I'm not sure if i'd get it or not.. probably not -- but i'd like to know the option is there :P

Well... the graphics should not be a problem. I mean, it uses the Source Engine.

Of course, the 360 is at a higher resolution, but downscaled to 480p, the Source engine would run fine on the Wii. I actually played Left 4 Dead on my friend laptop, and it has an integrated video card, with limited hardware, and the game runs very well.

It would be sweet if they could do it. Wii and PS3 owners need to play a game like left 4 dead, it's so fun.

~Currently Playing Zelda: Phantom Hourglass, Uncharted, Ratchet and Clank: FTOD, and Resistance: Retribution~

KylieDog said:
The question is would Wii owners want L4D? I know one who wouldn't.

It might do well. REsident Evil and House of the dead have done well. There are more survival horror games coming to the Wii- chop till you drop, Overkill, Fatal Frame 4. If a version were released it is possible it would sell. I don't really expect a port anytime soon, but I think a market could be found.

"But as always, technology refused to be dignity's bitch."--Vance DeGeneres

http://cheezburger.com/danatblair/lolz/View/4772264960

Have you seen the preview for Dead Rising for the Wii? It has like 10 zombies on screen at a time compare to the hundreds on the 360.

There is no way L4D can be done on the Wii as the AI director, Zombies on screen and environment details are too much for the Wii to handle. Now, if we can somehow use the Wiimote on the 360, then that will be the bomb!