By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Does anyone else get irritated when.........

Does anyone else get irritated when "Call of Duty: World at War" a referred to as "Call of Duty 5". If it was meant to be "Call of Duty 5" it would be in the title. Everytime I hear my friends say "Call of Duty 5" I have to correct them, same as on the internet. So i would like to get other opinions on this topic.

Currently Playing: Mass Effect (360)

"Earth provides enough to satisfy every man's need, but not every man's greed" - Gandhi

Around the Network

Is is the fifth one in the main series?

i thought it was COD:5 but i guess i was wrong

3DS FC: 4355-9313-6815

Can you count all the CoDs ???

Oh and can someone get that video of the Count singing about you know what ???

5 is one syllable.

World at War is three syllables.

It's just easier to go with 5.

It's not like the next one is named 5 so it would be a conflict of interest. The next is called Modern Warfare 2. We'll all end up calling it COD6.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Around the Network

@Onyxmeth

Well that is what's wrong with todays society, to lazy to pronounce extra syllables.

"Earth provides enough to satisfy every man's need, but not every man's greed" - Gandhi

Onyxmeth said:
[...]

It's not like the next one is named 5 so it would be a conflict of interest. The next is called Modern Warfare 2. We'll all end up calling it COD6.

/thread.

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

monkeyman40210 said:

@Onyxmeth

Well that is what's wrong with todays society, to lazy to pronounce extra syllables.

What is the problem though? I could see originally everyone thought the next Infinity Ward Call of Duty was going to be named 5, but now that it isn't who gives a shit? Do you seriously expect everyone to spell out Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 everytime they mention the game? Get real. Also...get a job...and comb your hair.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

@Onyxmeth well what is wrong with is that our society will continue to find shorter and shorter ways to cope with society. Acronyms are fine like COD because it is still the same thing without changing the original name, i am talking about calling things completly diffrent names just because it is convenient. So i think that COD: WAW is appropriate for World at War, but not COD5. And my hair is not messy and i am still under the legal working ages.

monkeyman40210 said:

@Onyxmeth

I get irritated when people screw up with homynoms. What is it, a bad education system these days? Students not trying hard enough? There are differences between two, to and too. Today's society.......pfft. Lazy bunch of no good lazies....lazying around all day on their lazy-boys. They'll get what's coming to them. Believe it.