By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wii ZOOMS PAST 49% market share!

Soriku said:
Once Japan numbers are up the Wii will beat PS2's highest peak week of 1,761,655 this week! The Wii is currently at 1,695,940.

What year did the PS2 do that in? It's 3rd? The Wii should sell even more next christmas too.

Around the Network

Good News for Wii, this doesn't really affect the other consoles though

^_^

But, can the wii sell 1 million in a day? I dont think so! Try that on for size nintendo!

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Well once it goes past 50% (the day is close) it will continue towards 60% and then who knows?

Soriku said:
appolose said:
Soriku said:
Once Japan numbers are up the Wii will beat PS2's highest peak week of 1,761,655 this week! The Wii is currently at 1,695,940.

It's that far away from the record?  Rats, I was hoping it would obliterate it.  Oh well, maybe next year.

It WILL obliterate it. The difference is only a little over 60k. This week the Wii will be between 100-150k in Japan according to the preview.

Well and next Holiday season should be even bigger for the Wii, at least 2m a year from now

Around the Network

Was hoping the Wii could hit 2 mil this week. Never mind. If the Japanese market was stronger then maybe it could have. How much did the Wii sell in Japan this time last year? Only about 304,000 odd away this year. Wii still selling more in U.K. than Japan. 2m would be an EPIC record to set though.

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

Lolcislaw said:
Soriku said:
appolose said:
Soriku said:

It's that far away from the record?  Rats, I was hoping it would obliterate it.  Oh well, maybe next year.

It WILL obliterate it. The difference is only a little over 60k. This week the Wii will be between 100-150k in Japan according to the preview.

Well and next Holiday season should be even bigger for the Wii, at least 2m a year from now

I was hoping for obliteration more along the lines of 300,000+ (   :)    ), but as Locislaw said, 3rd year next year.

Okami

To lavish praise upon this title, the assumption of a common plateau between player and game must be made.  I won't open my unworthy mouth.

Christian (+50).  Arminian(+20). AG adherent(+20). YEC(+20). Pre-tribulation Pre-milleniumist (+10).  Republican (+15) Capitalist (+15).  Pro-Nintendo (+5).  Misc. stances (+30).  TOTAL SCORE: 195
  http://quizfarm.com/test.php?q_id=43870 <---- Fun theology quiz
colonelstubbs said:
But, can the wii sell 1 million in a day? I dont think so! Try that on for size nintendo!

Sadly if they had the stock and anocuned it allaround one day before it could >_>

Former something....

so close to 50%

Soriku said:

What year was that record week in for the PS2?

And how many times do you think Wii will obliterate it?  I'll guess 7.