By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - DS 100m sales! before 2009?

How close do you think the ds will be to 100m sales by jan first 2009??

looking at the sales chart ds is almost at 94m and seeing as others this week clocked in sales of almost 1m by itself how many could it sell all over the world by 1st of january???

and if no one thinks its possible, who can make the best prediction to when it will hit the milestone??

Around the Network

I'll say 98M at the end of this year.

100M will be achieved the first week of January. (Vgchartz weeks)

Even with its insanely high sales, 6 million is a little too high for the DS
It will hit it January, and at latest February '09 though

"After you win, son, I feel like going for a ride on your bike, haha." ~Doc Louis (Punch Out Wii)

It wont be at 100 mill before 2009 is all i shall say

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

not likely

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network

it is too much even for the DS, i think it will end the year with 98 to even 99 million sales, it will hit 100 million in january for sure, were it will claim the fastest to reach 100 million sales ever title.

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434

well i would say myself its gonna be about 97 million and jan 10th it will hit 100 million mark...
nothing scientific in my prediction just a random guess...

I think its possible, if it sells 1 M in U.S alone as well, then selling 2-2.5million in one week..

mM

We can say ~ 800K for Americas this week.

Preview says ~ 300K for Japan.

So ~ 94.5-94.6M with two weeks to go.

It needs 5.5M in two weeks. No way.

I can see it selling 2.25M the following week, and then 1.25M. 98M in total.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

leo-j said:
I think its possible, if it sells 1 M in U.S alone as well, then selling 2-2.5million in one week..

That wouldn't be enough, it would have to 2M in US and Japan and 3.5M next week.