By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - An Explination of My Signature

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_War_II_casualties

Around the Network

Geez... I've been up *way* too many hours in a row to make sense of that giant spreadsheet... I'm just gonna go ahead and assume it more or less corroborates what I said. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Sintinel said: I really wish people would stop assuming they know what is really going on in Iraq. I assure you, you do not. Or assuming that members of our armed forces who put their lives on the line for you are a bunch of genocidal heartless robots with guns. I assure you, they are not. In fact, I couldn't care less what someone thinks of a certain video game or console, but I take it very personally when someone makes comments like some of the ones in this thread.
I never understood why when people take offense to the reason and politics behind why we are at war, some people take it as an attack against our troops. I am sorry but that offends me. We went into war with the al qaeda. Then some how we focus on iraq with supposed connections to al queda. Then we are after saddam's WMA's. First of all al qaeda has connections everywhere. Why didn't we attack kashmir? Where are the WMA's? Why is that so quickly hushed over when it came to light that none were found. Not even evidence that they were there. My problem with war against terrorism is that we are not really against all "terrorist" that have attacked or are planning an attack on american soil. I don't think we have enough troops for that. I am going to draw a line here and it might offend some (that isn't my intent) but I want to promote honest thinking here. If some part of our government with bush knowledge decides that they want to punish these "terrorist" using tortur and death. How would you know exactly? Media? Leaked soldier report? Escaped prisoner? I do not want to presume to know what is going on and that is the problem. We cannot really understand what is going on and what are troops were put into. The most disturbing part is that I am not even sure about the "why" part.
fishamaphone said: Being a "terrorist" is a choice. Just like being a rapist or a murderer. You can be a terrorist in Ireland just as easily as Iraq, just as easily as Oklahoma, just as easily as in Buenos Aires. Hell, in Buenos Aires, the terrorists were the *government.* Nothing racist about it. Nothing vague about it, either. You commit an act of terror, you are a terrorist. just like if you commit an act of rape, you are a rapist.
We are aware of the meaning of terrorist but the USA's war on terrorism is really after a specific group. Language is kept vague on purpose and it is shocking how most people seem to think it is ok. The really sad part, and it is strong where I live, Is when you ask someone what a terrorist looks like and they actually give a description. And normally an ethnicity/ skin tone is involved. It is very powerful using subsitute terms. Take for instance it carries a different weight when it is reported that an israli neighboorhood (US media) is attacted and an israeli settlement (every where else) is attacked. What is the difference between a jew and a terrorist? sorry for long post

Games make me happy! PSN ID: Staticneuron Gamertag: Staticneuron Wii Code: Static Wii - 3055 0871 5802 1723

A terrorist, BY DEFINITION, is an ACTIVE part of a military or military-like organization. A Jew, while having the capacity to be a member of a military or military like organization, is not required to be. I can't believe you're legitimizing Hitler. Do you realize that? Is the world so crazy that people are willing to legitimize the wanton murder of twelve MILLION people, just to delegitimize a political figure they don't like? I hate Bush more than you do, trust me, but using dishonest tactics like you are doesn't help anything.

fishamaphone said: A terrorist, BY DEFINITION, is an ACTIVE part of a military or military-like organization. A Jew, while having the capacity to be a member of a military or military like organization, is not required to be. I can't believe you're legitimizing Hitler. Do you realize that? Is the world so crazy that people are willing to legitimize the wanton murder of twelve MILLION people, just to delegitimize a political figure they don't like? I hate Bush more than you do, trust me, but using dishonest tactics like you are doesn't help anything.
A terrorist by definition is anyone who commits or promotes terrorism. No military training is needed.And it is really hard to describe what a jewish person is. Is it their faith, nationality or race? And I am not justifying hitler at all. I am pointing out parralells to the german people and our situation today. When you mention WWII to people it seems as iff they believe every german was some jew hating soldier with a gun. I see it more about control of information and perception. The german people werent stupid I am pretty sure some knew what exactly was going on and opposed it. But as far as many others they felt as if their country did no wrong. An enemy was pointed out and their leaders were acting to protect its people. I am trying to point that out here. If more people actually knew what was going on. (which I do not even know for sure) would we all agree? Is it fair to hold our country responsible as a whole if some horrible things are commited without our knowledge? A lot of the world seems to think that we are "united" in everything we do including the acts that go on over seas.

Games make me happy! PSN ID: Staticneuron Gamertag: Staticneuron Wii Code: Static Wii - 3055 0871 5802 1723

Around the Network

Terrorism is a military-like act. You don't need training to be part of a military-like organization. Please, please, PLEASE stop being so blatantly offensive. By "pointing out parralells to the german people and our situation today," you are committing a Godwin, and by default have lost the argument. The ridiculousness of your statements will serve no purpose but to paint a more radical, unrealistic view of the left wing. And even worse, you're defending Kwaad, who just said he loves Hitler. He just said he loves Hitler. Think about that, and then tell me how your statements are at all applicable to this conversation.

stof said: Sintinel said: What have I created? A magical, horrifying thread is what you've created Sintinel. A truly unique and terrifying beast. You're not to blame of course. You never could have known that an innocent sig explination would lead to Kwaad stating: "I love Hitler". I feel the need to join this magnificent spectacle of a thread gone insane. For all the claims of Hitler's intellect, He really was a terrible military strategist
That's why he had Rommel. (He was a pretty shitty painter, too.)

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. -Mark Twain

2004 Lincoln LSV8 - ~$15,000

K&N Cold Air Intake - $300

Handheld ECU Reprogrammer - $400

The look on a ricer's face when they get their ass beat off the line by a Lincoln - Priceless

Staticneuron said We are aware of the meaning of terrorist but the USA's war on terrorism is really after a specific group. Language is kept vague on purpose and it is shocking how most people seem to think it is ok.

Now Loading... Please Wait!

Now that I'm a mod, I feel it would be best for me to choose a signature a little less controversial. I abhor censorship, but as I no longer only represent myself on this forum, maybe a little self-censorship is in order.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. -Mark Twain

2004 Lincoln LSV8 - ~$15,000

K&N Cold Air Intake - $300

Handheld ECU Reprogrammer - $400

The look on a ricer's face when they get their ass beat off the line by a Lincoln - Priceless