By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - shock and awe. sega made a good game.

I seriously still need to pick up this game.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network
makingmusic476 said:
Sega has never been nothing but crap. Even in their worst years the Total War series was still kicking ass.

@makingmusic - you have the most off-the-wall spastic views about video gaming of anyone on this site.  Really.  I thought the statement about Live's worst week being better than PSN's & WW/VC's best was bad..sheesh.  You never cease to amaze me.

However, I must respectfully disagree.  Sega has been crap ever since they got out of the console war.  One game, which I hated because every time I tried to play it (and I played it a lot while in college, because my instructor loved it) half of my army ran away like a bunch of pussies, isn't going to save the name of a company who religiously releases and believes in garbage software.

I still haven't tried Valkyrie Chronicles, but based on all the hype, I might have to go see if I can find a discounted copy up at my local GameStop.  I'm not big on SRPG's either, so maybe I'll try renting it.  However, if I can get it at $20 like you, why waste $10 renting it?

Euphoria14 said:
I seriously still need to pick up this game.

Yes you do :)  It's best thing since Ufo enemy uknown :D

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Lol yea, Sonic Team is amazingly craptastic.

They are in a their own area of the world right now. I still play PSU from time to time, and man they know how to kill a good franchise... kill it till it's dead from it they do.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

Phrancheyez said:
makingmusic476 said:
Sega has never been nothing but crap. Even in their worst years the Total War series was still kicking ass.

@makingmusic - you have the most off-the-wall spastic views about video gaming of anyone on this site.  Really.  I thought the statement about Live's worst week being better than PSN's & WW/VC's best was bad..sheesh.  You never cease to amaze me.

However, I must respectfully disagree.  Sega has been crap ever since they got out of the console war.  One game, which I hated because every time I tried to play it (and I played it a lot while in college, because my instructor loved it) half of my army ran away like a bunch of pussies, isn't going to save the name of a company who religiously releases and believes in garbage software.

I still haven't tried Valkyrie Chronicles, but based on all the hype, I might have to go see if I can find a discounted copy up at my local GameStop.  I'm not big on SRPG's either, so maybe I'll try renting it.  However, if I can get it at $20 like you, why waste $10 renting it?

How would he get it for $20?

I want that deal.

To add to the Sonic discussions. Is it odd that I happened to really enjoy the PS3 Demo for Sonic Unleashed?

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network

I've always been a Sega fan really.. I bought the Sega Master System at launch (even before I bought an NES), and it was a great system.

Though, I do think that Sega has dropped a few bars in the last two-decades though.

MarioKart:

Wii Code:

2278-0348-4368

1697-4391-7093-9431

XBOX LIVE: Comrade Tovya 2
PSN ID:

Comrade_Tovya

Euphoria14 said:

How would he get it for $20?

I want that deal.

To add to the Sonic discussions. Is it odd that I happened to really enjoy the PS3 Demo for Sonic Unleashed?

I don't know, that's what he said in the OP though=P  I want that deal as well.

As for the demo, I have it downloaded and installed, but I haven't played it yet.  I heard it's a very good game, but that remains to be seen I guess.  If it's good, that's great, because there really hasn't been even an average-decent sonic game out in a long time in my opinion..and Sonic used to be one of my favorite franchises.

makingmusic476 said:
wfz said:
makingmusic476 said:

Sega's never been anything but crap, yet throughout all time their TW series always kicked ass?

@_@

Anyway, the new Sonic Unleashed game for the Wii is great once you beat it! Playing through the day stages whenever you want is a blast. I also can't wait until Sonic and the Black Knight, The Conduit (they're just publishing it), and Madworld.

I've always loved Sega's games. The first two monkey ball games were also amazing!

What we have here is a failure to communicate.

And we have classic movie references FTW.

Phrancheyez said:
makingmusic476 said:

So you deny that the Total War series is a good series? :P

I think Sega will be the suprise publisher of 2009, regaining some respect with the hardcore crowd.