By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Valkyria Chronicles or Resistance 2 or Fallout 3?????

Well, I'm a PS3 owner and I'm interested in these three titles. Even so, I find myself in a tight pickle. I'm willing to buy two of the three games listed in the subject yet, I'm not too sure which one to choose. Please, my fellow VG Chartz members, which of the two would you recommend me to purchase?

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Guidelines to understanding my train of thought:

• THE METAL GEAR SOLID FRANCHISE IS THE BEST THING TO HIT THE PLANET SINCE THE PS3!! THUS, MGS FRANCHISE >> SLICED-BREAD.
  • Solid Snake shall and well always shove 1up mushrooms up Mario's ass. 
  • Solid Snake shall and well always decimate Master Chief with a flurry of rocket launchers, shotgun rounds, and a 20 minute monologue.
Around the Network

Speaking as somebody who has no intention of owning a PS3, Valkyria Chronicles makes me jealous the most, and Resistance 2 not jealous at all.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

buy Valkyria Chronicles and Resistance 2 u won't regret it

One word : Valkyria !

1. Fallout 3
2. Resistance 2
3. Valkyria Chronicles

In that order. I have both R2 and VC (Fallout 3 soon), and well Fallout 3 was the game that kept bringing me back. It's very fun, and there are so many things to do. In case you're wondering, I rented Fallout 3 and had it for over a month. Getting it on Christmas. Resistance 2 has a lot of replay value. Valkyria is pretty good, but the story is simple and boring at the first half.

Around the Network
Videogirl said:
One word : Valkyria !

LOL!!! I'll make sure to keep that in mind.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Guidelines to understanding my train of thought:

• THE METAL GEAR SOLID FRANCHISE IS THE BEST THING TO HIT THE PLANET SINCE THE PS3!! THUS, MGS FRANCHISE >> SLICED-BREAD.
  • Solid Snake shall and well always shove 1up mushrooms up Mario's ass. 
  • Solid Snake shall and well always decimate Master Chief with a flurry of rocket launchers, shotgun rounds, and a 20 minute monologue.

I cannot advocate this strongly enough if your going to make a habit of asking for suggestions. Have a games collection listed. That way other users know what you like, and they can make good recommendations. We can literally use dozens of criteria right or wrong. We need more to go off of to give you insightful useful data. Otherwise posters will just recommend their own personal favorite games. Which is not necessarily a good thing.

I would say Fallout 3 is a must seeing as its a dynamic experience. Which means that the title can be played in numerous ways. Meaning that at least one will appeal to you more. I would also say Resistance 2. I always hedge towards replay, and the online mode should offer you months of enjoyment, or give you cause to play the game months or years from now. Both being the safe bet. I wish I knew where you fell in the role playing spectrum. Then I might be able to judge whether you might actually enjoy the third game you listed.

Probably VC, then Fallout 3, then if you want I guess you could waste money on a FPS with inferior controls and options =P really just buy L4D or Team Fortress 2 on PC and be done with it.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

I wouldnt listen to Maxwell cuz Res2's controls are customizable and L4D's controls are horrible, plus not moving when a zombie touches you sucks.

Im very interested in VC myself and having played the demo I cant wait to get the full version. Honestly Res2 has amazing multiplayer, but fallout 3 hasnt been an addicting game, good but not as addicting as other games out there.

go VC and Res2!

Still waiting on a New Road Rash and Legend of Dragoon 2...

PS3 Trophies

klarklar said:

I wouldnt listen to Maxwell cuz Res2's controls are customizable and L4D's controls are horrible, plus not moving when a zombie touches you sucks.

Im very interested in VC myself and having played the demo I cant wait to get the full version. Honestly Res2 has amazing multiplayer, but fallout 3 hasnt been an addicting game, good but not as addicting as other games out there.

go VC and Res2!

PC says HAI!  Really now... eat some crow... FPS games really are God awful when it comes to dual analog and the only way they can compete is with auto lock-on features... and even then unlike FPS games on PC and Wii you can't turn on a dime and stop on a dime and still have pin point accuracy, so all console FPS's boildown to keeping people from being behind you, planting traps, and letting lock-on do it's thing...  it's stupid, simple, and not worth your time, PC FPS games will always destroy console FPS though why some people would stick up for console FPSs when they're gimped versions of the PC games is beyond me...

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000