By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS360 pads will die?

Jo21 said:
One_touch_KO said:
leo-j said:
Sony already joined the motion generation lolz

You can consider sixaxis such a motion control pad as you can consider wii play an hardcore game.

yes it actually have one more axis than the wii. without motion+, but it doesn't have the infra red bar.

but sony plans to use the playstation eye for that it seems

That's why we see plenty of good games using the sixaxis...

rsrsrsrs

Around the Network
scottie said:
Jo21 said:
One_touch_KO said:
leo-j said:

You can consider sixaxis such a motion control pad as you can consider wii play an hardcore game.

yes it actually have one more axis than the wii. without motion+, but it doesn't have the infra red bar.

uh...

Wiimote (without nunchuck) has 6

Wiimote (with nunchuk) has 12

Sixaxis has 6

so are you saying that 6+1 = 6 or that 12 + 1 = 6?

http://www.semiconductor.com/resources/reports_database/view_device.asp?sinumber=16521

http://www.st.com/stonline/stappl/cms/press/news/year2006/t2031.htm

it have 3+3.

not 12.

and without the nunchuck is 3.

and sony games are not actually made to use fully motion control, only lair and that one sucked. it seems i never played it so i don't know.

so you're saying 3+1 = 6?

Also, I don't care what articles you pull out

Buy a Wii, and these three games. Kororinpa, No More Heroes and Wii Play

In Kororinpa, you use the rotation function of the wiimote in 3 dimensions to guide your ball. These are 3 dimensions. The nunchuck can be used by player 2 in kororinpa, so it too has these 3

In No More Heroes, you use linear translation of the Wiimote and nunchuck to perform wrestling moves, either lifting the controller, or moving it left to right, that's another 2 dimensions for both the wiimote and chuck

In Wii Play, you use linear translation of the wiimote to play pool, this is a forwards backwards motion, hence a 6th axis for the Wiimote

So that is 11 axiis, I can't think of a game offhand that uses forwards-backwards motion of the nunchuk. Anyone?

scottie said:

So that is 11 axiis, I can't think of a game offhand that uses forwards-backwards motion of the nunchuk. Anyone?

Wii Sports Boxing.

Also WiiFit Boxing.

goddog said:
god i hope not.... i would have to stop gaming... i dont want to have to figure out what screw ball motion the dev thought up for various actions, where opening a door is not an obvious motion..... ill go back and play my rts tbs games.... and classic console motion controls have not as of yet lived up to the promis

After Motion+ adds rotational and one to one you would open the door by reaching out and turning  the knob. These are motions you probably already know...unless you live in a one room house and never go out.

Around the Network

Six axis is far from being motion control and it is a very cheap rip off of Wii's motion control. Hardly any games take advantage of PS3's six-axis control. Lair used six-axis and we all now how bad that game was.

I really do hope they don't force us to start using motion sensors like the Wii. Then again, the GC controller is compatible with the Wii so hey, as long as I can use my PS3 controller for the next generation, it's all good.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Guidelines to understanding my train of thought:

• THE METAL GEAR SOLID FRANCHISE IS THE BEST THING TO HIT THE PLANET SINCE THE PS3!! THUS, MGS FRANCHISE >> SLICED-BREAD.
  • Solid Snake shall and well always shove 1up mushrooms up Mario's ass. 
  • Solid Snake shall and well always decimate Master Chief with a flurry of rocket launchers, shotgun rounds, and a 20 minute monologue.
Jo21 said:
scottie said:
Jo21 said:
One_touch_KO said:
leo-j said:

uh...

Wiimote (without nunchuck) has 6

Wiimote (with nunchuk) has 12

Sixaxis has 6

so are you saying that 6+1 = 6 or that 12 + 1 = 6?

http://www.semiconductor.com/resources/reports_database/view_device.asp?sinumber=16521

http://www.st.com/stonline/stappl/cms/press/news/year2006/t2031.htm

it have 3+3.

not 12.

and without the nunchuck is 3.

and sony games are not actually made to use fully motion control, only lair and that one sucked. it seems i never played it so i don't know.

You are both right and wrong. The Wiimote has three axis measured by accelerometers as does the Nunchuck but in addition the infrared sensor in the Wiimote tracks the infrared LEDs on the sensor bar which measures pointing, distance, height and rotation. It's pretty sophisticared. The article in Wikipedia is very good, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wiimote

I say Sony should keep it slow with the motion control. Maybe next gen they can make more games that use the sixaxis, but still make games primarily which do not. Then PS5 perhaps they release a new controller system, perhaps still 1-2 gen behind Nintendo, lets see how far nintendo innovates after they've become to defacto system again. Its easy to imagine splitting the sixaxis in half and that doing just as good wiimote+nunchuck w/ motion+, they can do it without the infrared by instead placing 3 to 4 wireless receivers around the room for triangulation.

A warrior keeps death on the mind from the moment of their first breath to the moment of their last.

standard gamepads have taken a while to reach optimum gameplay potential. Games demand change in input methods not the other way around. Analogue sticks were introduced to take advantage of easy movement in 3D worlds, 6 button gamepads for use in MK/SF2 games. Nintendo trying to implement motion control in certain genres is iffy- mario kart, any complex fighting game. Motion control may eventually become a very viable option but standard gamepads are still the most precise way to control your characters- yet.

Its a no brainer that the next genre motion control will get bigger. I expect all the 3 or 4 (if there are any newcomers) companies to battle it out on the motion control front. So far motion control hasn't won me over yet, but eventually it will.

Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.

owner of : atari 2600, commodore 64, NES,gameboy,atari lynx, genesis, saturn,neogeo,DC,PS2,GC,X360, Wii

5 THINGS I'd like to see before i knock out:

a. a AAA 3D sonic title

b. a nintendo developed game that has a "M rating"

c. redesgined PS controller

d. SEGA back in the console business

e. M$ out of the OS business