By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - My RE5 Demo Impressions

"- The controls were quite annoying, I didn't like them"

In what way? My bother has a 360, but not an XBL service, so we can't try the demo.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network

I wish RE would return to it's roots as well but sadly I know it won't. Shooters are "in" right now so capcom joined the bandwagon.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Wasn't there some commotion as to Capcom changing the style of the game to a more GoW style, as in run and gun, pop and shot, etc.?

My Games of 2011:

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Super Mario 3D Land

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

I have not played the RE5 demo and well not really interested in that game. After 5 full games and spin offs a series becomes boring and stale.
Dead Space is regarded as the new Resident Evil. Dead Space is a refreshing new horror survivor shooter game.

leo-j said:
Was it scary? If not then RE isnt what it used to be.

Scarier than part 4 , not as scary as the old RE games.

Around the Network

So, in other words.
Resident Evil: Shoot 'Em Up!

Tomb Raider died, Uncharted took it's place.

Now someone needs to pick up where the old RE left off.....

http://soundcloud.com/cathode

PSN: Parasitic_Link

Why someone doesn't do a point and click RE style horror game for Wii ill never know

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Pristine20 said:
I wish RE would return to it's roots as well but sadly I know it won't. Shooters are "in" right now so capcom joined the bandwagon.

Joined the bandwagon? Cliff Bleszinski went on record saying Gears over the shoulder design was inspired by Resident Evil 4. If anything, it's the shooters of today hanging from the coattails of the RE4 design.

As for the demo I really liked it. Getting your head chainsawed off never gets old. I think the melee has been improved. The numbers of enemies has grown, so it adds to the tension. AI hasn't improved much, but RE4 was so advanced at the time it's really hard to complain too much. It's still better than most games out there, minus the odd zombie that'll just stand at the doorway and do nothing.

The one thing I don't get is the negativity towards RE5 controlling like RE4. Is that a bad thing all of a sudden? Sometimes I feel like I'm on a forum filled with RE4 haters wishing for the return of tank controls(blech!). When a Zelda game comes out, does everyone complain that it still uses the working formula of past Zeldas? What about Gears 2 controlling like Gears 1? Nothing? My point is, RE4 was never broken. It was a welcome change to the formula that was WAY overdue, and most everyone loved it at the time. What's changed in four years?

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

SHMUPGurus said:
So, I'll ask you this: if the game wasn't called Resident Evil, would you have liked it more?

No, if it wasn't a RE game I wouldn't have bought it. Now I will, because I want to know the story.

The game is still ok, but where RE4 still felt like a RE game, the RE5 demo was even more shooter and less horror.