By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Do you think a PS3 FFVII remake would outsell FFXIII?

forevercloud3000 said:
@Swoosh

Kingdom Hearts on Wii equals EPIC FAIL! I would be utterly repulsed and would shun it for life. I dont want wonky Wii controls in my awesome KH action!

And the only reason to even do a FFVII remake would be to amend the ties broken when FFXIII went MP. Making FFVII multiplat makes all of it pointless really. Then Sony can finally prove that their games can sell extremely well on their system alone.

Lol! I really don't care where it ends up sinc as long as it's not PS3 exclusive I can play it anyway, but ridiculous fanboys like you really make me pray it's a Wii exclusive. When that happens I'll take 3 days off from work, just to watch the internet meltdown!

And your idea of a company giving a game to Sony to make up for the broken ties is awesome! Please call Wada with this awesome idea! He might ask this single question though: WHY?

Around the Network

The thing is if you look at the Publishing rights for the original FF7 in NA and PAL territories. If by some small chance a FF7 REmake does end up on a system not made by Sony i would have to say I would be very dissappointed in Sony itself...but You guys are thinking as if Kitase and Nomura wouldnt want a proper Remake the scale of the Tech Demo being created....which you cant do on the Wii for serious reasons and Its to be seen how successful a Final Fantasy on Xbox 360 will actually do (Quote me on this I think that FFXIII or Star Ocean 4 will only sell 1million MAX on the XBOX 360) since their hasnt been a JRPG that has broken that 1M mark on the 360 which is sad in itself because I can almost be certain if something like Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon and TOV would have done MUCH better on the PS3 and some of these might have even broken the 1M mark already. Xbox just doesnt have the Fanbase for a JRPG(Which is Japan mostly )

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

Sony does not own the rights to the original FF7 as far as I know. Square-Enix can do with it as they please. 

Vesperia and Lost Odyssey maybe would've done better on the PS3 but probably not that much better. Blue Dragon is a franchise that likely would do best on the Wii, neither Sony or MS have shown they can market/sell any type of game with a more cartoony style on the HD consoles. 

ShadowSoldier said:
The thing is if you look at the Publishing rights for the original FF7 in NA and PAL territories. If by some small chance a FF7 REmake does end up on a system not made by Sony i would have to say I would be very dissappointed in Sony itself...but You guys are thinking as if Kitase and Nomura wouldnt want a proper Remake the scale of the Tech Demo being created....which you cant do on the Wii for serious reasons and Its to be seen how successful a Final Fantasy on Xbox 360 will actually do (Quote me on this I think that FFXIII or Star Ocean 4 will only sell 1million MAX on the XBOX 360) since their hasnt been a JRPG that has broken that 1M mark on the 360 which is sad in itself because I can almost be certain if something like Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon and TOV would have done MUCH better on the PS3 and some of these might have even broken the 1M mark already. Xbox just doesnt have the Fanbase for a JRPG(Which is Japan mostly )

It's not just because it's Xbox 360, it's also because Blue Dragon, Lost Odyssey, etc. are new IPs.  Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts are basically the only JRPGs with million-selling popularity in North America.

Hello! Its OUT! i've even post proof of in-game screen shots of cloud and zack. :P