By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Resident Evil 5 sales predictions?

Slimebeast said:

I kinda lost faith in this game after Capcom painted half of the zombies white, and even more after I've seen gameplay clips with that annoying chick side-kick.

Also, there seems to be less excitement on gaming sites which is strange since there is a demo out (the japanese).

I'm perdicting a score of rufly 87% on Gamerankings.

Lifetime RE5 will sell:
PS3: 1.9 million
X360: 2.4 million

Spot on. And I agree with you on everything in your post.

4 ≈ One

Around the Network

360: 1.5mil
ps3: 1 mil

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Parokki said:
shanbcn said:
Well PS3 RE5 will outsell 360 version thanks to Japan or it will be very close and not 2.1 ratio xbox fans expect.

Have you seen RE4 sales for Japan? They loved the survival horror style Resident Evil games, but don't give a damn for the campy B-movie shooter that the series has become.

You know, for some reason, I find my tastes very aligned with the Japanese lol. This is also the reason I never bough RE4 and RE5 seems to follow in it's footsteps.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Pristine, here's a trick as to how to enjoy RE4

Take a permanent marker, scribble out Resident Evil and write 'badarse 3rd person shooter'

It's actually a good game (especially the Wii version) it's just not RE

Never bought RE4?!? you missed out on one of the greatest games ever made. RE5 looks like it might be decent, capcom doesnt make to many crappy titles

Around the Network

4.50 million sales

I actually enjoyed RE4 on Gamecube... awesome game. never played more than a couple for RE1-RE3 though so can't really compare.

As for RE5 sale:

360: 2.5 mil
PS3: 1.7 mil

unannounced Wii port in 2010: 1.5 mil

don't think it will 10 mil life time or 4 mil first week WW through.

MikeB predicts that the PS3 will sell about 140 million units by the end of 2016 and triple the amount of 360s in the long run.

3 mill on 360 ... close to 2 mill on PS3