By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Resident Evil 5 sales predictions?

3.5 million xbox360
2.5 million ps3

Around the Network

3-4 mil overall

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

I predict this game will be as close to a first person shooter without being a first person shooter as a game can be. On that basis I predict it will sell at least 7 million on PS360 combined as the HD crowd sure do love their shooters especially the 360 owners

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

I expect it may struggle. From what I've seen/heard it looks like they've lost much of the atmosphere from previous RE games and made it a generic 3rd person shooter. Not good on systems that specialize in shooters. Will sell okay but not great.

I predict this will be the best selling RE game ever. It is going to be better than any previous iterations and sales number will prove that!

Around the Network

1,7m X360
2,3m PS3
~0,5 other

and 1,5m Wii

I'm gonna say....

3.5 million for X360 - Mostly in NA
2.0 million for PS3 - Mostly in Japan

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

5 million between the 360 and PS3...we all know the 360 will get the bigger opening, but the ps3 version legs will put this about 2.8 to 2.2 in favour of the 360

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

resident evil 4 did 2 million on ps2 according to capcoms press release (it is hugely over tracked here)
1.4 million on the wii (so far)
and 1.6 million on the gamecube, so about 5 million plus assorted pc sales
according to http://ir.capcom.co.jp/english/data/million.html
so I think it will probably perform in a similar manner, maybe 2.5 million on 360 and 1.5 million on ps3 so I think 4 million lifetime,

I HAVE A DOUBLE DRAGON CAB IN MY KITCHEN!!!!!!

NOW A PUNISHER CAB!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 million X360
2 million PS3