By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why All The PS3 Hate?

Kasz216 said:
Pristine20 said:
Slimebeast said:
Sigh. A wall of text written by an unknown blogger who obviously is a Sony fanboy.

How's a sony fanboy just calling for people to enjoy whatever console they have?

I'm not too familiar with the site. Someone linked the article from the afterdawn forums. Apparently the guy who wrote this has posted his fair share of sony hate too but he too thinks it's getting ridiculous this christmas (from the linker who's a regular follower of that website).

Give the author some credit, he knows more about gaming than CNN  and TIME

But does he know more about Buisness.

Which is what low PS3 sales count as.  Not gaming.

I guess I should have written "gaming business"

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Around the Network

I shall state my answer in my eyes as to why there apparently so much towards the PS3/Sony.
Well, for one, it's people like Leo-j... they just spew out bs (which is mostly/entirely their opinion) of how much better the PS3 is... Don't get me wrong, Nintendo and Microsoft have these kind of fanboys but Sony's seem to be the loudest (but by no means that's Sony's fault, just it's easily to be provoked).

Another one, Sony's arrogance: You can't deny that they were arrogant and cocky entering and still kind of are this generation. I'm kind of sad in one way of Sony's situation, but kind of glad because it knocked them off their way high horse (in terms of cockiness). Now don't get me wrong: the PS3 is an amazing console, so is the Wii, so is the 360, just I'm kind of glad that now Sony knows what it feels like to not be on top.

My 2 cents, and probably will add more if people respond n_n

NJ5 said:
blazinhead89 said:
@NJ5, so you take a video as evidence? So we watch video games now?

This is getting pretty off-topic, but when the video shows someone controlling the game to make a point, I sometimes do. Especially when other people who own the same game say the same thing.

Are you saying the video is fake?

No lol i believe the video is real, i meant evidence to support your claims.

blazinhead89 said:
NJ5 said:
blazinhead89 said:

This is getting pretty off-topic, but when the video shows someone controlling the game to make a point, I sometimes do. Especially when other people who own the same game say the same thing.

Well if it's real why wouldn't I take it as evidence? Is it cursed or something?

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

NJ5 said:
blazinhead89 said:
NJ5 said:
blazinhead89 said:

Well if it's real why wouldn't I take it as evidence? Is it cursed or something?

You shouldn't make conclusions about games you haven't played yourself. The opinion you make of the game is generally adjusted to fit the discussion you're in, and thus you will "fool" yourself. This happens a lot, and you're essentially bashing without even knowing it yourself.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

Around the Network

PS3 hasn't done well this gen.

We've noticed it here for a while -- now, mainstream media is picking up on it, in part due to the deathwatch that general recession has brought on.

The article writer wants to say that PS3 hasn't done poorly at all; that it's sold a lot of consoles. And, hey, that's nifty! A lot of consoles = a lot of consoles, right? But of course it leaves out all of the context that we have: the expectations of the system going in; the historical success of the Playstation line; the success of its current competitors; the costs involved in the system's development, production & advertising.

I mean, hell, independent of context, selling *one* console is a great thing! If Sony had sold 10 PS3s during November... that's 10 more in the Sony family, right!? :) But it turns out that context does matter, and that the PS3's sales declining from last November is a pretty bad sign, regardless of the absolute amount sold, especially when considering that the PS2's sales are strongly down as well.

Of course CNN, Time, etc., aren't going to have the hardcore gamer's perspective -- they're mainstream and don't have the same knowledge base, passion or points of reference -- but whining about the mainstream press catching wind of what's going on here isn't going to solve anything.

If I may inject I think the 'MUST HAVE GAMES' was from the perspective of already owning the console, and is just there to counter the argument by saying 'here are some great titles being enjoyed by millions of fans'. In this context 'must have' =\= 'system seller' which is how the previous articles should have paraphrased themselves. Bickering about Heavenly Sword is just a drop in the pond for their overall stance.

NJ5 said:
blazinhead89 said:
NJ5 said:
blazinhead89 said:

lolwut? I Thought to judge a game, we should PLAY it not WATCH someone play it. I could say ghe same about Wiiplay Wiifit, etc., But since i have Only WATCHED it, Not PLAYED it, i will not judge these games.

Oyvoyvoyv said:
NJ5 said:
blazinhead89 said:
NJ5 said:
blazinhead89 said:

You shouldn't make conclusions about games you haven't played yourself. The opinion you make of the game is generally adjusted to fit the discussion you're in, and thus you will "fool" yourself. This happens a lot, and you're essentially bashing without even knowing it yourself.

I didn't bash the game. I said it's not a must-have. Isn't a "must-have" synonymous with killer-app? Like Super Mario Galaxy on the Wii or Gears of War on the 360. Heavenly Sword doesn't look to be anywhere near one, not at this stage at least. MGS4 maybe...

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Omega_Phazon_Pirate. said:
I shall state my answer in my eyes as to why there apparently so much towards the PS3/Sony.
Well, for one, it's people like Leo-j... they just spew out bs (which is mostly/entirely their opinion) of how much better the PS3 is... Don't get me wrong, Nintendo and Microsoft have these kind of fanboys but Sony's seem to be the loudest (but by no means that's Sony's fault, just it's easily to be provoked).

Another one, Sony's arrogance: You can't deny that they were arrogant and cocky entering and still kind of are this generation. I'm kind of sad in one way of Sony's situation, but kind of glad because it knocked them off their way high horse (in terms of cockiness). Now don't get me wrong: the PS3 is an amazing console, so is the Wii, so is the 360, just I'm kind of glad that now Sony knows what it feels like to not be on top.

My 2 cents, and probably will add more if people respond n_n

I see lots of wii titles in your sig. Were you attentive during the nes and snes eras? If so, you'd know that nintendo invented arrogance in the gaming industry and thy got what came to them. It sony's turn this time.

Sony's fanboys may seem loud to you because they are not speaking your opinion. In my opinion, nintendo and M$ fans are much louder. Why do we percieve things differently? Just look at the thread, we mostly respond to those who's views differ from ours not the other way around.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler